CoinPeople.com

The most beautiful banknotes

Dave M

I'm curious to see what folks either have in their collection, or just what you feel is *the* most beautiful banknote. Just your one favorite in terms of artistic design. Obviously there isn't going to be just one best among the list, but it might help us all find a few new notes to put on our "most wanted" lists : :ninja:

Here's my offering, France 500fr 1918 by Flameng

f-043-a.jpg

f-043-b.jpg

Dave

Suriname makes some wonderful notes with bright colors and great detail. I'll have to go back out to the galleries and look at them.

And of course the African note is pretty cool too, that's a great scene.

Dave

Suriname makes some wonderful notes with bright colors and great detail. I'll have to go back out to the galleries and look at them.

And of course the African note is pretty cool too, that's a great scene.

Dave

I like to share with you this multi-coloured printing note. Very pretty and lively to look at... ENJOY !

921948A.jpg

921948B.jpg

• 1 month later...
These are beautiful notes.

No kidding! I have nothing to compete with Dave's French piece, but here is one of my favorites. Greece 50 Drachmai 8.12.1978 (Poseidon; sailing ship):

903799A.jpg

903799B.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Its a security feature of sorts. It is more difficult for counterfitters to reproduce those different sized numbers. It takes special dies that are not available to the general public.

Similarly to why I appreciate and love Danish notes, I appreciate and love Netherlands banknotes - they are also unique in their design and approach. Curiously- while I can image United States currency very easily with my scanner, these 1930's and 1940's printed Dutch notes are quite the challenge, they tend to have unexpected moire patterns show up on images when scanned:

netherlands1001936dtl.jpg

A 17th century Dutch lovely is the subject

netherlands1001936.jpg

Archived