CoinPeople.com

1996 Mint Set

Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and neighbors, fellow dealers and collectors-

I am looking for the 1996 Mint Set with the W-dime still included. I have been offered several sets, but when I ask where the W-dime is, they look at me with a blank stare and shrug their shoulders. Yeah, right, like I not suppose to believe they stripped it out and hoped the buyer would not notice. Anyway…

I had a dealer I bought two sets off of at a local show in October of 2004 for $20 each. I went to his brick and mortar shop within two weeks and asked if he could sell me 5 more at that price. Sure he says, give me a bit to find them. I gave him my card, and after multiple repeat phone calls to his shop, two stop in’s, and even talking to his wife, I finally get a call 8 months later that they can get them for me for $30 a set, but they would be out of the shop the next week and to check back then. Oh well, so much for working with that dealer.

So! Anyone got some 1996 Mint sets for sale? If you do, PM me and lets see if we can do a trade for cash, cash and coins, or whatever might get tossed in the mix.

Thanks.

!!EDIT NOTE: Okay, corrected brain fart I had, and yes, I did mean the 1996 mint set. Thanks! !!

Ladies and Gentlemen, friends and neighbors, fellow dealers and collectors-

I am looking for the 1999 Mint Set with the W-dime still included. I have been offered several sets, but when I ask where the W-dime is, they look at me with a blank stare and shrug their shoulders. Yeah, right, like I not suppose to believe they stripped it out and hoped the buyer would not notice. Anyway…

I had a dealer I bought two sets off of at a local show in October of 2004 for $20 each. I went to his brick and mortar shop within two weeks and asked if he could sell me 5 more at that price. Sure he says, give me a bit to find them. I gave him my card, and after multiple repeat phone calls to his shop, two stop in’s, and even talking to his wife, I finally get a call 8 months later that they can get them for me for $30 a set, but they would be out of the shop the next week and to check back then. Oh well, so much for working with that dealer.

So! Anyone got some 1999 Mint sets for sale? If you do, PM me and lets see if we can do a trade for cash, cash and coins, or whatever might get tossed in the mix.

Thanks.

Umm...I think the blank stares are because there was no 1999-W dime, the special dime was a 1996-W and included in the 1996 mint set to honor the 50th anniversary of the Roosevelt dime first issued in 1946. The 1999 sets have 10 state quarters, and 2 each of halves, dimes, nickels and cents, only P and D. So do you want the 1999 or 1996 sets?

Umm...I think the blank stares are because there was no 1999-W dime, the special dime was a 1996-W and included in the 1996 mint set to honor the 50th anniversary of the Roosevelt dime first issued in 1946.  The 1999 sets have 10 state quarters, and 2 each of halves, dimes, nickels and cents, only P and D.  So do you want the 1999 or 1996 sets?

I am so, well, how do I say... feel like an idiot? Yes, I had a mental laspe, and while the brain thought 1996, the fingers typed 1999. I have edited my post and hereby admit my error.

Thanks for pointing it out for me.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived