CoinPeople.com

What did the mailman bring today

corkykile

Does it count if I post what I have gotten most recently?

1909 S/S Lincoln, 1914 S Lincoln, and 1931 S Lincoln PCGS AU 55, all for my collection.

Super nice reference books for researching:

"The Authoritative Reference on Lincoln Cents" by John Wexler and Kevin Flynn.

"The Cherrypicker's Guide To Rare Die Varieties" by Bill Fivaz and J. T. Stanton.

"The Error Coin Encyclopedia Fourth Edition" by Arnold Margolis and Fred Weinberg.

"The Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents" by David W. Lange.

That is it for September.

corky

Does it count if I post what I have gotten most recently?

1909 S/S Lincoln, 1914 S Lincoln, and 1931 S Lincoln PCGS AU 55, all for my collection.

Super nice reference books for researching:

"The Authoritative Reference on Lincoln Cents" by John Wexler and Kevin Flynn.

"The Cherrypicker's Guide To Rare Die Varieties" by Bill Fivaz and J. T. Stanton.

"The Error Coin Encyclopedia Fourth Edition" by Arnold Margolis and Fred Weinberg.

"The Complete Guide to Lincoln Cents" by David W. Lange.

That is it for September.

corky

Hi Corky,

How do you qualify a good reference book for your purposes? Do you like a book filled with big pics, a few descriptions, and not much else? Or do you like big long prosaic histories or wordy descriptions?

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Corky,

How do you qualify a good reference book for your purposes? Do you like a book filled with big pics, a few descriptions, and not much else? Or do you like big long prosaic histories or wordy descriptions?

I qualify my reference collection because I can use it to help me learn more about these fun little roundish pieces of metal. Pictures speak at least a thousand and five hundred words. Histories are okay, but only go so far in learning how and why a coin was minted and what could happen in the process that makes it collectible.

Anything that can help me learn about the hobby is certainly worth more than the information that I can acquire by asking questions and looking at pictures on the internet.

Knowledge is the most important thing we can possess.

corky

Archived