CoinPeople.com

France and French-Printed notes

Dave M

The note from my friend Madison came in yesterday, the same Yugo note he posted above. It is a beautiful addition to my collection, thank you Madison!

yugo-P-31-a.jpg

This note is Congo P2a, my first Congo note. I got lucky on an eBay auction, this is the 1974 engraved version printed by Banque de France.

cg-P-2a-a.jpg

cg-P-2a-b.jpg

Dave

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...

Absolutely fantastic Madison! Must have been a wild event collecting all these up! I hope your wallet hasn't gone too dry :ninja:

The Djibouti specimen note has been on my "list" for a long time, and my other favorites are the Algeria note and the F. West Africa one. Really, really gorgeous notes - congrats!

Dave

Gorgeous notes there, Madison! Glad you've been able to find a few notes to pick up. Congratulations! :ninja:

Takes a long time to pull myself away from viewing these wonderful notes.

Thank you all... SM, Dave and DaveM. It is just getting harder to find in these notes.. the British/ Commonwealth are just as bad in which I had found none.

Thank you all... SM, Dave and DaveM. It is just getting harder to find in these notes.. the British/ Commonwealth are just as bad in which I had found none.

i can help you with romanian banknotes from 1920-1930 and 1941-1947, after 1947 they have a russian design. and between 1930-1940 was used the english stile.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Nice! Do you know what that says on the back?

My Arabic is very shaky. There are actually two panels in the back, they seem to be Arabic (on the left) and Persian (on the right). The first line is the translation of the phrase Bank of West Africa, that much I can read. The remaining lines are beyond my current capability.

• 1 month later...