Dave M

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey madison, really beautifull notes with vibrant colours and design.. :ninja:

Thanks NAIDU54...It was the forum member first intruduced me to the FRENCH-PRINTED notes, and that help me to appreciate more about bank notes in a broader perspective.I am learning......Thanks Dave

Thanks NAIDU54...It was the forum member first intruduced me to the FRENCH-PRINTED notes, and that help me to appreciate more about bank notes in a broader perspective.I am learning......Thanks Dave

There's nothing better than an addiction shared by all your friends :ninja:

Dave

• 2 weeks later...
There's nothing better than an addiction shared by all your friends :ninja:

Dave

These notes are hard to find.. Here they are;---

CCI00003xxa_edited.jpg

http://www.banknotebank.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=923445

CCI00003xxb_edited.jpg

http://www.banknotebank.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=923446

These notes are hard to find.. Here they are;---

CCI00003xxb_edited.jpg

http://www.banknotebank.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=923446

Isn't that Bokassa? The guy started out as president, then became president for life, then let his ego really take off and became Emperor Bokassa - then got overthrown in a coup d' etat.

Isn't that Bokassa? The guy started out as president, then became president for life, then let his ego really take off and became Emperor Bokassa - then got overthrown in a coup d' etat.

As Lord Acton said in 1887: "Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely." In Africa, Mugabe is but the latest leader who has fell into this moral trapping, but it happens in all places and times. Frankly, I'm surprised that Zimbabwe hasn't had a coup d' etat thus far to remove Mugabe. He must have too much power to frighten such opposition.

But back to these new aquisitions: Great notes, Madison! As always, I am impressed with your collection: Beautiful, scarce, and high end notes in the best of condition. Thanks for posting them - they're always a treat to see! :ninja:

- Dave

A very pretty and somewhat scarce example, particularly in this state of preservation.

Yes, that's a wonderful example of "Terre et Mer". I haven't found a nice one for my collection yet - I'm jealous!

Dave

319_1209766113f.jpg

The fun of collecting notes are SEEING it, FEELING it, and KOWNING it , that it is in your possession.

Wow, beautiful notes, Madison! This Cameroon note is really nice, can you show the back? The French Indochina note is one of my all-time favorites. I like the various type faces used on these notes.

Dave

Wow, beautiful notes, Madison! This Cameroon note is really nice, can you show the back? The French Indochina note is one of my all-time favorites. I like the various type faces used on these notes.

Dave

Sorry Dave, I can't find that one . will post it when I have it.

920384B.jpg

319_1215102438r.jpg

I am waiting for 2 batches from Maastricht, hopefully it will be here after the show....

beautifull banknotes :ninja: i love to collect this type of banknotes but it's very costly for me...all the best to you ;);)

What beautiful notes, Madison! That Tresor specimin note is quite unusual, all of them are fantastic though.

Dave

I did try to get the circulated one, but none is available. Price is very high for this LITTLE guy in specimen..

Many thanks for all...

I did try to get the circulated one, but none is available. Price is very high for this LITTLE guy in specimen..

Many thanks for all...

THIS IS MY OTHER 2 NOTES

CCI00000yy10_edited.jpg

CCI00000yy2_edited.jpg

http://www.banknotebank.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=923713

http://www.banknotebank.com/coin_view_enlarge.aspx?id=923712

• 2 weeks later...

Yet another great note Madison! This is a wonderful addition to your collection. You seem to be able to find some very nice French notes.... You must be a Banknote Detective because you seem to be able to track down hard to find notes!

Now you need to get that Napolean note, eh? :ninja:

Yet another great note Madison! This is a wonderful addition to your collection. You seem to be able to find some very nice French notes.... You must be a Banknote Detective because you seem to be able to track down hard to find notes!

Now you need to get that Napolean note, eh? :ninja:

It is just a little bit of luck here and there. The majority of effect is coming from good friends around and feeding me with valuable informations..Thanks again....... ;) Hey,DAVE, love that hat......

Whew, I'm back!

Very nice Victor Hugo, Madison, though I'm really looking forward to seeing whatever Bonaparte note you get :ninja:

I am looking for someone who speaks French well, to translate my web site (www.FrenchBanknotes.com) to French. If there is some kind and interested person, please contact me. I've made a very brief start on it, just to make sure I can actually do it technically, but my French is poor enough that I'm sure the entire continent would be chuckling as they read it ;)

Thanks,

Dave

Here's my latest, nothing too big:

WAS-P-407Da-a.jpg