France and French-Printed notes

Dave M

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like collecting there because there's a lot of varieties, I have single stamps, sheets, proofs, imperfs. And also, I got recently a few of "document philatelique officiel", which has a first day stamp, a single color engraving of the stamp and data on the subject of it.

34r7ole.jpg

I used to collect France and Colonies stamps, but don't anymore. Here's a nice colored proof:

air3.jpg

Wow. That's beautiful!

I must agree. It is really beautiful. BUT wait, keep me from starting another area of collecting. Please! Help me!!

I like collecting there because there's a lot of varieties, I have single stamps, sheets, proofs, imperfs. And also, I got recently a few of "document philatelique officiel", which has a first day stamp, a single color engraving of the stamp and data on the subject of it.

34r7ole.jpg

I have some similar sheets for US Stamps and some which commemorate Stamp Expositions and such. Very nice items. They used to be quite reasonably priced but lately have gotten quite expensive.

That's nice. But I only get the French printed, all after WWII and only until the mid 1980s. I do have some of Canada and United States, but mostly they're from France. Monaco, Andorra and the ex colonies and countries of West Africa, Ecuatorial Africa, Indochina and other French territories.

I must agree. It is really beautiful. BUT wait, keep me from starting another area of collecting. Please! Help me!!

I got the first in my collection from a relative and that hooked me to collect. Of course I am focused on banknotes collecting, but I am also doing the french printed Stamps because it's similar to the banknotes that I collect.