• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Another great French note arrived today. This one from Algeria, P-106 issued in 1956. Bacchus (god of the grape harvest), a ram, and grape harvest scene.

dz-P-106-a.jpg

dz-P-106-b.jpg

Dave

Excelent Banknote.

I know where you can buy the especimen of this banknote. I will send you a private message :-)

all the Romanian notes before 1914, most of the notes from 1914-1940 were printed in France, or at least printing plates were made in France, by french artist. The paper was french production (BdF factories). Few notes from 1914 or around are made in Belgium, some of the 1917 dated notes in Russia. The first notes printed in England were made in 1931 and 1934.

In the 1940's the style was french still, but they were made locally. After 1947, everything changed.

• 2 months later...

Here's one that's been a long time coming for me... it's pretty rare that I get a French note at all. 10,000F (old francs, of course!) Education note from 1955.

f-050-77-a.jpg

f-050-77-b.jpg

Dave

It is a note that is a real pain in the bum to find without folds, pinholes etc. I still want that note, but either prices were too high or problems too many for me to buy. BTW I did see a real worn out 5 Peso from 1930 Uruguay - we know how rare those are.

that's also my problem with this issue, all the dates are imposible to find above XF, and even a good VF, no tears and not to many pinholes, is hard to find and the price :crazy: . I only have one, but in bad condition (will post it soon).

At least the 10000 fr. Bonaparte is much commoner, compared to this one....

The blue serial is easy to find, compared with red serial. But 5 lei is very rare, in any combination or condition, probably the rarest in this series, toghether with 25 lei. It was believed that red serial were printed in Czechoslovakia and blue in Romania, but the first are actualy Russia and second Romania. The red are the first (1952(, the blue serial the later (after 1952 to 1966).

The red have a large letter (only A, N, P and S, so far as i saw) and a number (one digit), the blue, small letter (various) and 1-2 numbers (the lowest until now r 7, the biggest r 60). And of course, serial number in right side.

The design was inspired by 20 lei 1950 (the peasent girl) and was produced in Russia by Goznak.

The specimen have blue serial, small letter (f, g, h, m, n, r and t) .42 and 000000. Not that rare, compared to other romanian specimens...Circulated until 1969-1970, when where called in and replaced by 1966 series, with new name for the country (better said, republic...).

Toghether with a friend, i work on a book on Romanian paper money, and hope that in january 2013 will be ready. It has a data base of over 11000 romanian notes, with serial numbers included and gradation.

Oh you speak of this one:

romania201950dtl.jpg

romania201950.jpg

These didn't circulate long because they were then demonetised quickly. Must have been interesting to live in Romania during that time and keep having your money go worthless. These notes are also stinkers to find in nice condition.

It is a note that is a real pain in the bum to find without folds, pinholes etc. I still want that note, but either prices were too high or problems too many for me to buy. BTW I did see a real worn out 5 Peso from 1930 Uruguay - we know how rare those are.

Most definitely, the Uruguay notes are impossibly priced, and on top of that you never see one in decent condition!

The 10,000F French note is only known in 3 copies without pinholes, by the way. This isn't one of them :)

Dave