CoinPeople.com

France and French-Printed notes

Dave M

Dave M,

Thanks. You have a remarkable French and French printed banknotes collection which include a beautiful website to showcase and enhance the beauty of the notes. I believe both Madison and you have the best collections of French / French notes on internet. Keep up the work.

Thank you sir! I have recently had a nice gentleman offer to translate the site to Polish! So now it's available in English, French and Polish... I think that's pretty neat. He did a great job, with tons of content to translate.

Here's a new note from me. I've never seen this note in Unc, this one's about an AU.

nc-P-37b-a.jpg

nc-P-37b-b.jpg

Dave

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thank you sir! I have recently had a nice gentleman offer to translate the site to Polish! So now it's available in English, French and Polish... I think that's pretty neat. He did a great job, with tons of content to translate.

Here's a new note from me. I've never seen this note in Unc, this one's about an AU.

nc-P-37b-a.jpg

nc-P-37b-b.jpg

Dave

Usually when they are better than VF they have specimen punch holes in them. So far I am not having a lot of luck finding the 500 Franc note from ca. 1939. This is a lovely note and a great addition to your collection.

Thank you Dave, I've been eying the lists for a nice one to show up, and finally made the move. I'm not sure this one's quite as nice as the one that got away, but its very good and fit right in to my collection since there was a spot waiting for it :ninja:

Dave

Thank you Dave, I've been eying the lists for a nice one to show up, and finally made the move. I'm not sure this one's quite as nice as the one that got away, but its very good and fit right in to my collection since there was a spot waiting for it ;)

Dave

Congrats in getting the replacement.....you must have love that 5 fondly.....very expensive from the cataloque, even in ef --1872 vintage...? right DAVE? :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

That's a nice note, I really like the design. Yes, French notes are known for their printing on thin wavy paper, which doesn't (unless it's extreme) detract from value. If you find a French note claimed to be Unc without waves in the paper, run away....

Dave

That's a nice note, I really like the design. Yes, French notes are known for their printing on thin wavy paper, which doesn't (unless it's extreme) detract from value. If you find a French note claimed to be Unc without waves in the paper, run away....

Dave

Thanks Dave. :ninja:

Where were these printed and who designed them, does anyone know?

That's a very tough note to find in good condition, Mark. Congrats on the find!

I do not have details on this note. But the following note from the set was designed by Robert Pougheon, and this one (as well as the third in the set) certainly look like his work as well. I'm pretty sure they are printed by Banque de France, though again I have no absolute confirmation of that.

Dave

• 2 months later...