CoinPeople.com

Copper coins of Peter III

RARENUM

Thank you all! :ninja:

It is one of the pearl in my collection and the best coin for type I have seen.

In my experience coin very rare in high condition.

Rarenum.

Thank you all! :ninja:

Rarenum.

The only thing that I can add to your comments is my complete agreement.

Thank you all! ;)

Rarenum.

A wonderful coin! A charming compromise betweeen the old and the new designs! A coin to meditate about again and again. And then the unbelievable condition, I'd say BU! Maybe it had not been put into circulation - because the "10" does not show and the DESJAT also is not perfect? Luckily! Your coin leads me to the consideration that a lousy overstrike (with all respect) can be much more attractive and desirable than a perfect one showing few if any undercoin features. See here one of my 10kop1762 :ninja: . To me it reveals no features of an undercoin. Maybe eagle eyes gxseries can detect any? The picture can be enlarged by clicking on the upper black rim and can be enlarged even more by clicking again on the coin. This coin exists as overstrike and on new planchets. Sigi

10kop1762newfwebgh3.jpg

By sigistenz

Sigi, as far as your coin is concerned, I am quite sure that it's overstruck as well.

Here are the clues - on the first star after the crown, that is the star that the right side of the double headed eagle is looking at, there are some spikes which must be accounted for. On the left side of the double headed eagle, if you look carefully at the space between the left head and the star, there seems to be a figure "7". Now if you look at the left wing, let's say the second star till four stars later, at the bottom of the eagle, you can see that there is some kind of raised relief pattern in the foreground under the wing and the scepter.

This can only be explained as the previous Elizabeth I 5 kopek design overstruck and the image that I described is the ferns. The spike that I was describing is the leaves. I'm sure that taking a closer look at them would reveal something more interesting.

I'm sure that taking a closer look at them would reveal something more interesting.

Thank you, Hisa. Even under a stong glass I see less than on my pictures. They often reveal me things that I had not seen with the loupe.

Archived