CoinPeople.com

Break in at the shop

LostDutchman

hey guys, well im sitting here at the shop looking at a busted door frame.

It could have been much worse... thank god.... mostly some stuff off of my desk.... Not that it will help but I figure ill post a list of what has been taken to see if we can recover any of it.

I know for sure that these coins has been taken so far

dm2vb4.jpg

tajvxl.jpg

2dl6q34.jpg

Matt, I am really sorry to hear this ... it really sucks big-time to be broken into, regardless of what was taken. ;)

(BTW, you could buy a very nice digital camera for that Hawaiian quarter ... :ninja: )

High profile coins like that stand out like sore thumbs, and are really not good items to take - the crooks showed their arrogant stupidity by taking them, and not your camera. The camera could go into any pawnshop and not cause so much as a shutter to the clerk, however the coins on the other hand are a bit of a problem for them to unload now. I sincerely hope that these lowlife scumbags get caught, and that the coins are what get them caught. Damnable SOB's got that Hawaiian quarter before Matt even got a chance to advise me that he had it, and I would have afforded it a new and very loving home.

...Ask me how I really feel about these basturds. :ninja:

You need a pair of rottweilers. A friend of mine, policeman, said that is virtually impossible in small places to be the winner in a confrontation against two furious beasts, even if you are armed.

To me they weren't very smart. At least for resale. It looks like they took some pretty exotic items. (I.E. easily traceable )

Maybe they just took those coins for their melt value....

Deadpoint, doesn't seem like they were looking for melt as they took only one gold coin (I think) and, among other things, the error cent...

Sorry to hear about the break in, Matt. Maybe it was for the best you weren't there. I worked at a bank last summer and got robbed at gun point...not fun.

i wonder how you can defend against this sort of thing without becoming totally paranoid ... a burglar would have a field day in my place (if they could stand the noise once the alarm went off).

Sorry to hear about your bad luck Matt.

The Unite is unique enough to attract attention. I'll keep an eye out.

Glad you weren't roughed up by the bad guys.

I hope they don't scrap that Unite for melt. Would be a real shame for a piece of history like that to be lost forever.

Archived