CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got the penultimate Statehood quarter (Northern Marianas 2009D) -- getting the '09s in change is brutal. Last one I need: Guam 2009D, and I will have all the Statehood/Territory quarters from change. Other than that, nothing really interesting lately.

The Statehood quarters from circulation would be rather difficult. Don't see many of them here.

Got the penultimate Statehood quarter (Northern Marianas 2009D) -- getting the '09s in change is brutal. Last one I need: Guam 2009D, and I will have all the Statehood/Territory quarters from change. Other than that, nothing really interesting lately.

Very good point. I've seen a few of them recently. I keep spending them thinking they're common but forgetting about the Global Financial Crisis slowing down mint production

• 1 month later...

Guyana $5 Dollars 2009 Sugar Cane coin, same size as a nickel hmmmmm

Interesting find. Golly you have such wonderful luck. I need to find you and like rub your head or something. Maybe just follow you around for a few days. :grin:

• 2 months later...

Received five U.S. dollar coins and interestingly two were Martin Van Buren but one was proof and one was a circ. strike. The busting up of proof sets, often by thieves continues (pet peeve of mine).

Oddly the proof is somewhat circulated. I'll see if I can scan them side by side.

• 3 weeks later...

Swung by the bank to get some cash, decided to get a roll of dollars, and asked if, perchance, they had any half dollars.

Four dollars worth, so I handed over a fiver. She handed back the halves... and then a dollar coin.

A 1971D Ike in gorgeous shape.

I'm going back to that branch. :D

Swung by the bank to get some cash, decided to get a roll of dollars, and asked if, perchance, they had any half dollars.

Four dollars worth, so I handed over a fiver. She handed back the halves... and then a dollar coin.

A 1971D Ike in gorgeous shape.

I'm going back to that branch. :D

Nice haul!

• 1 month later...

Lucky Pierre strikes again -- the same machine that has already spit out two impaired proofs and a silver quarter, has delivered another silver quarter, this one a 1958D. Woot!

Fantastic!!! :bthumbsup::bthumbsup::bthumbsup:

I don't really know. I guess there are such machines spread about in the workplaces of folks who go to such workplaces. Perhaps they're a subtle employee benefit thing.

• 3 months later...

Went to the bank to get rolls of quarters to feed the laundry. One roll had a 1994 Bermuda 25c piece in it.

And I innocently asked if they had any half dollars.

They had several rolls. Don't see those very often!

It's nice to have some halfs to spend. I haven't gotten any in a long time. Maybe this month.Nice find on the Bermuda quarter.