CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

Several times I have noticed members saying they have a 'connection' at a place of business or bank.

Did you (or any of our members) make your connection through an existing friend or did you work up the nerve to make a connection with a total stranger?

I don't know anybody who handles lots of coins who doesn't already save them theirselves.

Does anyone have ideas on making new connections and which ones seem to be the best?

A great question requiring its own post.

-Bobby

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a connection at a local bank in Jersey City about 10 years ago, and I just kept going in and asking her for $200 in halves and after about the 3rd time she just told me she'd save all the halves for me and I could just come once a month and pick them up. Lots of Franklins, 90% and 40% Kennedys on that one, the only thing she wouldn't give up was one walker that she got in that she gave to her son. Can't argue with that!

I received a 1963 Silver Roosevelt Dime in my change recently. When the cashier handed me my change, I knew it was a silver dime just by the sound.

3,000 cents from the bank searched last week:

1896 indian cent,,, wow, neat. VG, no problems.

1960 dd west,, CONECA rpm 001,, nicely visible rpm... VF

2 1999's with wavy steps,,, not sure if these are really a die variety or

not (anyone?) kept em' anyway.

1979....all three very near or at bu ,,nice red's.

1987d,,,, too toned to toss.......

Hey everyone, I just got back from my trip back to the east coast. I was back visiting family. Anyways, I stayed a my Grandpa's house for a while and he gave me a bunch of wheaties, steel cents, some silver certificates, and a big dollar bill. I also found some P buffalo nickels in good shape, so I didn't make out too bad.

My mom always saves her pennies and gives them to me when I go home.  Last time I was home a week ago she gave me 107 pennies, including 5 wheaties from 1945-1958.

I have my mother, daughter and husband on the lookout for me at all times.

So far, my circ. finds have been

- 1962 Quarter (almost bu, looks like it has been stored for a while in a drawer or cabinet)

- 1943 Wheatie (F)

- $1.45 worth of wheaties between 1909 and 1939 (with 4 from 1909)

- 1943S Wartime Nickel(F)

- 1947 Nickel(F-VF)