Grifter

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
40 minutes ago, thedeadpoint said:

Who is pierre??!

Don't ask....and Ikaros...shame on you!!  That opens up way too many cans of different possible worms....let's just leave the reference to hockey.

And speaking of Canadians...I got a nice 1979 Canadian cent today in change.

I showed a friend of mine the 1909 cent and he launched off on a tirade about how he never finds stuff like that.

The very next day he found a very, very worn 1924 dime on the sidewalk.

I tell people this now at club meetings and tell them if the want to rant and rave at me about how they never find cool stuff, I am here to serve.

On 9/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, SMS said:

Don't ask....and Ikaros...shame on you!!  That opens up way too many cans of different possible worms....let's just leave the reference to hockey.

What about Pierre McGuire? 😛

On 9/22/2018 at 6:06 PM, Steve D'Ippolito said:

I showed a friend of mine the 1909 cent and he launched off on a tirade about how he never finds stuff like that.

The very next day he found a very, very worn 1924 dime on the sidewalk.

I tell people this now at club meetings and tell them if the want to rant and rave at me about how they never find cool stuff, I am here to serve.

😆

On 9/20/2018 at 10:02 PM, SMS said:

(dons his best perfectly innocent look) 😈 (rats, didn't work again)

'Lucky Pierre', for the record, is the perfectly innocent nickname I gave the vending machine in the break room that has so far delivered two impaired proof SHQs and two 90% silver quarters.  Because it has been lucky.  For me.  I can't help what other people think about... 🙄

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Having been mostly working from home for the last year and a half, I don't make many cash purchases these days.  So I was delighted when a vending machine spit out a Washington Crossing the Delaware quarter... and after 20-some years of not having the date on the obverse, seeing 2021 under George's bust looked *weird*...