CoinPeople.com

Latest Circulation Find

Grifter

I thought they suspended releasing the Presidential dollars to circulation with the 2011 James Garfield.

I just got a 2013 Teddy Roosevelt in a roll of dollar coins.

• 7 months later...
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found a bicentennial quarter yesterday. Put it in my nightstand with other interesting coins/notes I find in circulation. I always love finding a bicentennial - takes me back to my earliest days.

• 2 months later...

Oddities in change today: a 2007S Sacagawea dollar -- an impaired proof, obviously -- and a 2009D Kennedy half, probably liberated from a mint set.

Holy guacamole!

I do miss this thread being more active. I use plastic nearly 100% of the time (sadly) so I don't get to come across as many treasures as others here.

Other than grocery shopping, I use cash for everything and still don't get much in the way of goodies.

• 3 weeks later...

It's not the oldest coin I've found, but it is the first time I've found one that was over 100 years old at the time of finding it. That 1908 Indian Head was only about 65 when I found that. :D

I don't mind saying that I'm in my early 50s, since I think I'm a reasonably well-preserved fiftysomething :)

The Indian Head turned up when I was collecting for my paper route in '73 or '74, so I was ten or eleven at the time.

• 3 months later...

No one's had any interesting circulation finds since January?

Anyway, FDR Presidential dollar. I thought those weren't released for circulation.

• 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

2018 dime, but I think I've had it a while.  The neat find today was an Ike dollar -- the small Presidential Series Ike from 2015, not one of the serious dollars from the 70s.  I've been having weird luck with the recent Presidentials; I really thought those weren't being released except on the collectors market.

Also, I've started saving the ugliest (but still identifiable) coins I find in change.  I guess I need to get some more Whitman folders...

I get a roll of dollars every other week for the bus, so I'm always getting a few to paw through.  I think the one I'd like to see turn up the most right now is the second Cleveland dollar.  I have the P&D of the first.

I've had unspeakable luck with the allegedly unreleased Prexies: Cleveland I P&D, Teddy Roosevelt D, Taft D, Wilson P, Hoover P, FDR P, Truman P and Ike P.  I'll be insanely lucky to get one of each from change, but that would be exceedingly cool.  :)