CoinPeople.com

new addition to my collection - 1797 1/4 kop

BKB

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Please take a look on your coin where I maked in red ink. To me it is the diagnostic remnants of 4 clearly seen on GM plate XVII #16.

You might be right. I think I need better optics :ninja: Well, I paid less than 5 bucks for this coin so I'm not going to be financially disappointed if it's a 74/5 overdate.

You might be right. I think I need better optics ;) Well, I paid less than 5 bucks for this coin so I'm not going to be financially disappointed if it's a 74/5 overdate.

Sorry. However, if it is 76, that was the deal of the century. :ninja:

While I have your attentive eyes... Here's a better pic of the 1770 polushka. What intrigues me in this coin is that it is larger and flatter than the other polushkas I've seen. Weight is 1.7 grams. There's 2 parallel lines going through the avers of the coin (remnants of the undercoin?), and it really looks to me like the 0 has been changed to 3 (badly!). Unfortunately, my attempts to take a better picture have so far failed. Any opinions?

1770polushkabigze8.jpg

What looked like the top bar of a 3 is now gone in this photo. Now it really does look like 6/5, imo.

Looks more like 5, and close to 6 :ninja: I should get the picture from my 1775 Polushka to compare the design of number 5 in the date.

Archived