CoinPeople.com

new addition to my collection - 1797 1/4 kop

BKB

Guys, there are no need for name calling and such. I'm sure everyone has different opinions and are entitled to such. I'll be honest - I am a bit skeptical as well but I'm not saying it's impossible - just unlikely and therefore if it's genuine, that's what makes it scarce.

Aren't polushka rather uncommon in the first place? I don't remember having a lot of polushka other than the early coinage of Anna.

It is big difference between skeptical and the envious person.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Back on the original subject...perhaps we can discuss what other copper mules are out there. I remember seeing some in one of Dmitry Markov's catalogs several years ago. I'll see what I can come up with. I don't have any in my collection that I know of.

Steve

Back on the original subject...perhaps we can discuss what other copper mules are out there. I remember seeing some in one of Dmitry Markov's catalogs several years ago. I'll see what I can come up with. I don't have any in my collection that I know of.

Steve

I have one mule. :ninja:

Rarenum.

That is very true. Let us set the admission as follows:

1. Anyone with a polushka that is at least 200 years old and at least either 50 rubles or R3 -- admission is free

2. Anyone else -- a bottle of good cognac (at least Tesseron Lot N° 29 "Exception" which I personally recommend) :ninja: ) and they have to behave and be polite. ;)

I claim to have 1773 and 1776 EM polushkas (not Siberian), do I still need to bring cognac or will Sam Addams do? ;)

I claim to have 1773 and 1776 EM polushkas (not Siberian), do I still need to bring cognac or will Sam Addams do? ;)

1773 does not get you anywhere. ;) But, 1776 is a different matter... :ninja: Can you show a photo? I only saw 3 or 4 of those.

I'm sure I don't have anything interesting other than super corroded coins :ninja:

However, you could pass those for any coin you like: 1 kop 1767 mm, 1 kop 1789 mm, 1/4 kop 1789 am, 1 kop 1757 mmd -- the list goes on. ;)

Agreed both hard...but 76 is more than twice as difficult. I've seen 10-1773 (including mine) and 4-1776.

I'm missinig 1776 em polushka in my collection :ninja:

I also have another mule: 1974 20 kopeks with averse of 3 kopek piece.

That's cool :ninja:

I did some research with my 20 kopecks, and found out that atleast 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984 and 1985 have two varieties: some have large Soviet emblem on the obverse while the emblem on some others is much smaller. Coins with small emblem seem to be considerably scarcer (atleast in my coin jar ;)) than the ones with large emblems. There are also some other differences. Could the coins with small emblem have been struck with 3 kopeck dies?

If that's the case, I'll join the Mule-Owners-Club ;)

That's cool :ninja:

I did some research with my 20 kopecks, and found out that atleast 1980, 1981, 1983, 1984 and 1985 have two varieties: some have large Soviet emblem on the obverse while the emblem on some others is much smaller. Coins with small emblem seem to be considerably scarcer (atleast in my coin jar ;)) than the ones with large emblems. There are also some other differences. Could the coins with small emblem have been struck with 3 kopeck dies?

If that's the case, I'll join the Mule-Owners-Club ;)

The way I tell them apart is the type of ribbons. Concave ribbons are on the 3 kop die.

The way I tell them apart is the type of ribbons. Concave ribbons are on the 3 kop die.

After comparing some 3 and 20 kopecks, I think that the small emblem coins have been struck with 3 kopeck die. The ribbons of "small emblem coins" seem to

be similar to those of 3 kopecks.

After comparing some 3 and 20 kopecks, I think that the small emblem coins have been struck with 3 kopeck die. The ribbons of "small emblem coins" seem to

be similar to those of 3 kopecks.

welcome to the club :ninja:

Archived