CoinPeople.com

Edward I Mint Run

YeOldeCollector

I thought I'd share a few of my Edward I pennies with you gentlemen, the ones shown below are a complete mint run without some of the oddities such as de Hadelie etc... All are from my own collection and will be upgraded when the opportunity arises.

berwick-upon-tweed.jpg

bristol.jpg

bury%20st%20edmunds.jpg

Enjoy!

CIVI TAS and then the mint name or VILLA then the mint name, so CIVI TAS LON DON would equal the City of London and CIVI TAS CAN TOR Canterbury etc...

very cool...I have developed a real fondness for hammered coins, their rough, more simple designs.

I love hammered coins! I'm not sure if it's so much a hobby rather than an obsession... :ninja:

I know that you have a few English hammered beauties! Good to see others appreciating hammereds. ;)

Clive.

• 5 months later...
I love hammered coins! I'm not sure if it's so much a hobby rather than an obsession... :ninja:

I know that you have a few English hammered beauties! Good to see others appreciating hammereds. ;)

Clive.

Wonderful collection, Clive ;)

I love hammereds, but, alas, can't afford 'em too often. All I have are an Æthelred II sceat, and a common Henry III silver penny. Nothing special.

894258.jpg

894499.jpg

Thanks, I have managed to upgrade quite a few of these Eddies but my main focus now lies with Anglo-Saxon and Norman pennies, got some real beauties as of late.

Nice Eanred and Nicole!! :ninja:

Same here I think we should start a We Hate Clive Club :ninja: They realy are lovely coins Clive, something for me t aspire to ;) OF I realy like that Æthelred II sceat I am still looking to find my 1st one LOL

Same here I think we should start a We Hate Clive Club

Last time I send you some nice coins! :ninja:

They realy are lovely coins Clive, something for me t aspire to ;) OF I realy like that Æthelred II sceat I am still looking to find my 1st one LOL

Well, I might have a spare styca for you, depends on whether the customer wants it or not. I'll let you know as soon as it becomes available! ;)

But, I sure like looking at them.

If anyone wants to look at some more, whether Saxon, Norman or any English hammereds for that matter, feel free to PM me and I'll send some photos. :ninja:

Archived