CoinPeople.com

Anyone collectiong Malaysia or Malaya British Borneo

RPT

I'm interested in buying one of the following for my personal collection. Can anyone here help me out?

50 ringgit (US$14.95), 2007. 20,000 special sets issued December 26, 2007 for RM60, and at face w/o packaging starting January 30, 2008. Green-blue. Portrait of the first king, Tuanku Abdul Rahman ibni Tuanku Muhammad at right, national flower hibiscus at center, songket weaving patterns in background and edges, signature (Tan Sri Dr. Zeti Akhtar Aziz, GABENOR). Malaysia’s first prime minister, Tunku Abdul Rahman Putra Al-Haj declaring independence, oil palm trees, microbiology technology, and 50th anniversary logo on back (logo will appear only on first 50 million notes). Security features include watermark portrait and 50 as electrotype watermark, fluorescent windowed security thread with repeating BNM RM50 (also as microtext), songket design as registration device, 50 as latent image, holographic stripe with 50 and hibiscus flower. Printer: Gieseke & Devrient (w/o imprint). 145 x 69 mm.

I'm not sure if you want the folder, but there are plenty on ebay without folder, and some with:

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?s...ntrypage=search

Looks like $25 is a fair price for notes w/o folder, judging by completed auction results, which is a little over face but not too bad

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's worth a look through the realised prices now the auction is over

http://www.spink.com/asp/fullCatalogue.asp...7&saletype=

All I can say is I am happy not to be collecting this stuff. Soooooooo expensive.

The 1925 $5 (as above) sold for S$4400

This Spink Auction contained the collection of two big collectors, thus it has a lot of good quality pieces. The prices seems a bit soft. It could be due to the overall world economy especially when the stock market are not doing well. I can only say that one big collector is buy most of the good stuff. The fact is that we won't we seeing them for a long time since they are lock-up in collections.

The 1925 $5 sold at S$4400 is only a good very fine. Still I do not see an AU or better in any Spink Auction so far. What would the price be for a 1925 $5 in original AU - UNC condition. S$50,000 or S$100,000.

• 3 weeks later...
This Spink Auction contained the collection of two big collectors, thus it has a lot of good quality pieces. The prices seems a bit soft. It could be due to the overall world economy especially when the stock market are not doing well. I can only say that one big collector is buy most of the good stuff. The fact is that we won't we seeing them for a long time since they are lock-up in collections.

The 1925 $5 sold at S$4400 is only a good very fine. Still I do not see an AU or better in any Spink Auction so far. What would the price be for a 1925 $5 in original AU - UNC condition. S$50,000 or S$100,000.

Why not sell it and see?

From the auction I didn't see much going to that level, even unique notes, seems like quite a premium for an AU

Why not sell it and see?

From the auction I didn't see much going to that level, even unique notes, seems like quite a premium for an AU

Not selling now especially when world economy is bad and inflation is high. It does affect the final auction price. :ninja:

• 14 years later...