CoinPeople.com

Bitkin CATALOG of RUSSIAN COINS 1699-1917

IlyaE

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where can I buy this catalog? I know valeriyavaleriya71 is selling it for $250 on Ebay, is there any other place it can be bought online?

Did you check at Alex Basok's website? http://www.rustypennies.com

Also, Dmitry Markov usually has some books for sale: http://www.russian-coins.net. Don't know about Bitkin, though.

Bob Reis has a web site where I once bought RW Julian's reference: http://www.anythinganywhere.com/

Maybe you could also drop a note to Jim Elmen -- he sells back catalogs of his auctions, and I wouldn't be surprised if he could tell you where one can purchase other books such as Bitkin?

• 2 weeks later...

Hi !

Yesterday i have sent USD 150 via Western Union to the shop of antikvarius in the ukrain.

I hope to get the bitkin catalog in the next couple of days :ninja: .

Normally i don´t want to use Western Union, because of the high fees and i don´t like to send money to unknown people ;) .

But it seems to be the only possibility to get this catalog for a reasonable price.

Maybe we can make also a further business in the future, because i am a dealer in coins and banknotes and especially with accessories and catalogs of many companies and we are using our webshop to sell in all countries of the EU and USA / Canada mainly.

If it works, it could be possible to sell the Bitkin catalog in our webshop too - that would be a very interesting catalog for many, many russian coin collectors in the european and US market !

Regards from Vienna

Michael

Hi !

Yesterday i have sent USD 150 via Western Union to the shop of antikvarius in the ukrain.

I hope to get the bitkin catalog in the next couple of days :ninja: .

Normally i don´t want to use Western Union, because of the high fees and i don´t like to send money to unknown people ;) .

But it seems to be the only possibility to get this catalog for a reasonable price.

Maybe we can make also a further business in the future, because i am a dealer in coins and banknotes and especially with accessories and catalogs of many companies and we are using our webshop to sell in all countries of the EU and USA / Canada mainly.

If it works, it could be possible to sell the Bitkin catalog in our webshop too - that would be a very interesting catalog for many, many russian coin collectors in the european and US market !

Regards from Vienna

Michael

Antikvarius provides excellent service. Prices are reasonable and the books arrived quickly. I would not hesitate to buy from him again.

"Contact-System" is less expensive than Western Union as a way to pay.

Hello guys!

Michael, I've send you a reply to your e-mail.

Too bad we don't have a good bank sistem in Ukraine that could allow things like PayPal over here. Also Visa isn't working all the time as good as it should be so we just have to accept payments through available sistems :ninja:

I recieved my copy of Bitkin today from Antikvarius. Im quite happy.

I sent payment via Western union online, which required a bit of set up for them to confirm my bank info (had to call them and answer some questions, i assume for security reasons) but the money wire was confirmed almost instantly after that.

Thank you Alex!

I am not advacating anything, rather just sharing my knowledge. It's up to him what to do with these links

Sorry but you are advocating it. Saying you are not doesn't mean you are not. You said "Try torrent site". And please spare the "I'm just sharing my knowledge". It's Bad bad bad.

I bought scanned Bitkin cataloque on two CD from dealer in Estonia. Maybe it is not legal, but handy. Price was 65,-USD.

For $120, you could have gotten the book. A collection of scans would be painful to use compared to having the physical book.

These books were printed in small quantities and there is a real market for scarce numismatic literature (if you don't believe me, check out a Kolbe auction sometime).

At $120, the book is a wonderful deal and in future years will probably bring much more when sold. But your CDs won't.

In my opinion, you got a bad deal.

Orest - a fair warning: I don't really care what you are buying, practicing or such as I don't have the power to stop you.

However, sharing information about copyright materials in particular an entire source is highly prohibited and if you keep insisting on bringing this topic up, you are not welcomed to post in this forum any longer. Referencing, scanning a section is fine but NOT an entire book. If you have a large amount of money to buy coins as suggested on other thread, I don't see why you can't afford to buy books.

The thing is, authors have to come up with money somehow to fund their research. I don't care how you claim that they are greedy or what so ever - that's in the debates forum if you wish to argue there.

Orest - a fair warning: I don't really care what you are buying, practicing or such as I don't have the power to stop you.

However, sharing information about copyright materials in particular an entire source is highly prohibited and if you keep insisting on bringing this topic up, you are not welcomed to post in this forum any longer. Referencing, scanning a section is fine but NOT an entire book. If you have a large amount of money to buy coins as suggested on other thread, I don't see why you can't afford to buy books.

The thing is, authors have to come up with money somehow to fund their research. I don't care how you claim that they are greedy or what so ever - that's in the debates forum if you wish to argue there.

At $120, the book is an excellent deal. Once the remaining volumes are sold off, I expect its market value will climb well above that level.

Even if you have it on CD, buying the physical book itself is a no-brainer.

I have recently received my copy of Mr. Bitkin's catalogue from Antikvarius as well. What a wonderful work it is! It is amazing how much research, how much knowledge, how much time and effort have gone into creating this superb reference every serious collector would treasure. It is infuriating to think that someone would have the arrogance to steal it!!! ;):ninja: And it is discouraging to think that one of us would consider using the pirated copy ;) .

I have recently received my copy of Mr. Bitkin's catalogue from Antikvarius as well. What a wonderful work it is! It is amazing how much research, how much knowledge, how much time and effort have gone into creating this superb reference every serious collector would treasure. It is infuriating to think that someone would have the arrogance to steal it!!! ;):ninja: And it is discouraging to think that one of us would consider using the pirated copy ;) .

Agreed. Well said Maya.