CoinPeople.com

Paul's overstrike???

bobh

Please learn to read. I did not mention Igors in my response.

Obviously you did not mention him, but he mentioned you! And you are saying that it's me who has reading comprehension problems?

All I see you are not interested to discuss anything... I can clearly read it between your lines...

WCO

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK, now I got it, there was obviously misunderstanding before. It is just Igors's memory does not "serve him right" (you were not discussing Paul I overstriking program coins with him but may be some other coinage).

Thank you

WCO

And there was misunderstanding before before. If you read my post, you will see that my discussion with RWJ was about early Catherine II roubles. "if memory serves me right" is just an expression, I remember exactly what I discussed and with whom. Please do not reply. The s... is getting thicker as is.

Won-der-ful coin! :ninja: The date doesn't show - or does it when checking the coin in person? This is the first coin I see where an undistinct date doesn't matter at all! Would you tell us the (very large) diameter? I have a similar large 5kop1793EM at a Ø of 48mm, its edge seems to be unusually undistinct

(seems much too worn for the nice appearance of the coin). What is your edge like? Is it also unclear and sort of too much worn?

I will post my coin including edge shortly.

Thanks, Sigi

(P.S.) I will start a new thread with my coin - would you join in there, showing yours again? Other Paulian re-overstrikes might show up?

I will gladly join you in the new thread. I just need to stop by the bank and pick up a few pieces for this discussion. I promissed pictures of some other pieces to forum members as well.

Did you look at mine (link in this thread)? Also has a very interesting edge...

Thank you Bob, now I viewed the edge of your coin. It also looks wild as do the edges of my 2 pieces. As it seems the reoverstriking did not care for the edges? Sigi

Archived