CoinPeople.com

$1 Coins Being Given Back in Change at Wal-Mart

Nightwing

Two articles:

http://www.13wham.com/content/news/politic...91-bab166963acf

http://www.13wham.com/news/local/story.asp...8ee&rss=102

"For months now, many Wal-Mart stores have quietly started handing the one dollar coins back to customers as change instead of dollar bills.

Some wonder if this is proof that dollar coins are making a comeback."

i doubt it.

we don't have wal-mart here so i have to depend on the observations of others ...

Wow, so you must still have a local economy? :ninja: We have four wal-marts within a 20 mile radius. It's like a black hole for our local economy, business are collapsing left and right ;) . If you find out a wal mart is coming you better protest like it's the sixties again.

Kool. Maybe it will spread a few miles west to my local Wal-marts

You ONLY have 4 in a 20 mile radius? I have 6 with-in 17 miles and several more in the planning stages.

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

Wow!!! I'm betting they run your local government too! Wal-Mart's a beast.

Kool. Maybe it will spread a few miles west to my local Wal-marts

You ONLY have 4 in a 20 mile radius? I have 6 with-in 17 miles and several more in the planning stages.

http://www.walmart.com/cservice/ca_storefinder.gsp

By 4 I meant 15 according to that site!!!

I have one close enough to be convenient. I will be honest and say like wal-mart. well...I should say I like paying less money for the same exact items I would pay more for at most other stores. It just makes sense not to pay more for toilet paper, tooth paste, etc... if you dont have to. I just dont like going there, luckily the one I go to is open all night so I go late at night to avoid the crowds. :ninja:

I have one close enough to be convenient. I will be honest and say like wal-mart. well...I should say I like paying less money for the same exact items I would pay more for at most other stores. It just makes sense not to pay more for toilet paper, tooth paste, etc... if you dont have to. I just dont like going there, luckily the one I go to is open all night so I go late at night to avoid the crowds. :ninja:

I am similar to you, I don't hate Wal-mart, but I don't shop there all the time either. There are some things they do well, like most cleaning/paper products, dry and canned grocery items, but I do not like them for any fresh food items (meat, produce, etc.). Those I buy at the local supermarket. As for destroying the town, our downtown area has been dying since before I was even born, so hard to pin that on Wal-mart. I did however learn around the middle of December, that unlike at your Wal-mart, it is not a good idea to shop at mine late at night, as the strangest selection of customers shops then, and there is usally only 2 check stands open!

I don't have a WalMart in my area, here in the UK they own Asda. Lucky me! ;)

While I was working a tradeshow in Scotland, an ASDA saved my bacon when they had some things I needed and no other place had it...:ninja:

You know, if my local "WalMart" starts dollar coins out in change, you really will see customers refusing to take them! :ninja:

I am of course referring to Asda ;)

I tend to avoid Asda anyway because it is owned by WalMart. I always try and keep my money as close to me as possible, buying products and using business that are local.

You know, if my local "WalMart" starts dollar coins out in change, you really will see customers refusing to take them! :ninja:

I am of course referring to Asda ;)

I tend to avoid Asda anyway because it is owned by WalMart. I always try and keep my money as close to me as possible, buying products and using business that are local.

I gave up on one of my local stores whence they stopped purveying Jaffa Cakes and Aerocrisp bars. But at least you in Britain can get your Wally World specials.

I have nicknamed Walmart as "Brawl-Mart"

Your constantly fighting to find parking spaces, fighting to get into the store, fighting your way through the store..... you get the idea

Archived