CoinPeople.com

Did a thief knowingly make off with $1 coins or did he think he was getting something worth more???

Nightwing

Do you think the thief knew what he was stealing?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Do you believe the thief knew what he was stealing?

• Yes, I don't think he is as dumb as the newscasters are speculating. (He did make off with quarters as well)
    • No, I think the newscasters are correct, he has know idea that he just made off with $1 coins and quarters that will be face value for many years to come.

A lot of news companies will attempt to humiliate a criminal in hopes that he'll tell someone that the newscasters are wrong. That way people might tell other people and eventually catch him. I saw this with a break in once. A guy broke into a house and a child put on his "Power Rangers" uniform and tried to scare him away. The newscasters were making fun of him and made it sound like the kid actually did scare him away, what they failed to mention was that the guy was able to make off with all of the valuable jewelry. So pretty much to me, the guy got his stuff and didn't bother with the kid, but they were trying to hype this up and make the guy look like a loser in hopes that he might come out and say "I wasn't scared of the kid!" "Pride Cometh before fall" the good book says.

Story and video are here: http://www.nbc-2.com/articles/readarticle....d=17555&z=3

I think the angle the newscasters went with is kind of funny. ;)

Aw come on boys and girls... all he wanted was money for the video machines down the block. :ninja:

In a small way this happened to me. I accidentally left my car unlocked in my driveway and someone got in it and tossed the contents of the glove box on the floor. Then the must have opened some of the compartments and discovered the pull-out drawer for change. It had cents, nickels, dimes and two rows for quarters. The only coins missing were about four dollars worth of quarters. We guessed it must have been youngsters who needed money for the video machines.

An interesting experience. I am glad no-one at the bank was involved or hurt.

corky

Archived