CoinPeople.com

Papermoney show in Maastricht

balak

Hi, guys! Have anybody visited the Maastricht papermoney show /www.papermoney-maastricht.org/ previous years? I know there are many numizmatic shows in U.S., but I don't know any other in Europa about banknotes, not coins. Please, if anyone had, to tell is it worth to get there? Thank's!

Maastricht is the holy grail of international paper money shows, plus the Dutch are very nice and the Netherlands is a beautiful place.

It's a win-win-win situation. :ninja:

Maastricht is the holy grail of international paper money shows, plus the Dutch are very nice and the Netherlands is a beautiful place.

It's a win-win-win situation. :ninja:

never been in holland but indeed the dutch people( once met a couple) are one of the most friendly people in the world. hope that one day will go there and buy some netherlands banknotes...

The Maastricht show is the largest paper money only show in the world. If you can only attend one show a year, this would be the one. The other large European paper money show is the London IBNS Congress. It takes place in October.

I have one silly question. Why is the show so huge ? Are Dutch people strong and big collectors for coins and banknotes ? More collectors in the country means more dealers in the country. I would love to visit Netherland one day and other European countries. :ninja:

Don't actively collect paper money myself, so I don't know whether the Dutch are avid note collectors. But as for coins, yes, collecting them sure is pretty popular in NL. The Open Mint Day (Utrecht) has lots of visitors every year, and the Muntmanifestatie (Assen) or the Holland Coin Fair (Den Haag) attract many as well.

Why Maastricht/Valkenburg? Well, if a show has a good concept and is known for being a major venue, it is likely to attract even more dealers and visitors. Another thing to keep in mind is that, around here, you can travel from one EU country to another without really crossing a border - legally you do, but practically it's like crossing a city or state line. Now if you look at a map and see where Valkenburg is - from Belgium and Western Germany it is within easy reach, and Northern France and Luxembourg are pretty close too. (No need for a bureau de change either.) Besides, both Valkenburg and Maastricht are major tourist destinations. Maastricht I like a lot. :ninja:

Christian

• 2 weeks later...

Maastricht is like the Memphis show in the United States -- only bigger. It developed over time into the biggest and best paper money show. It is not local attendance that has made it what it is. It attracts dealers and collectors from Europe, Asia, North America, South America, the Middle East, Aftrica and Australia.

Maastricht is like the Memphis show in the United States -- only bigger. It developed over time into the biggest and best paper money show. It is not local attendance that has made it what it is. It attracts dealers and collectors from Europe, Asia, North America, South America, the Middle East, Aftrica and Australia.

Tabbs, Mufelika - Thanks for the info.

Archived