CoinPeople.com

Russian Coin Shop

p911

нё проблемя, хорошо!

That much I understood. The website, on the other hand, is a bit tougher. My Russian was never great, but it's gotten rusty over the past several years.

Thanks to the OP for the sight. Prices aren't all that bad when converting to CDN$, but still out of my range. :ninja:

That much I understood. The website, on the other hand, is a bit tougher. My Russian was never great, but it's gotten rusty over the past several years.

Thanks to the OP for the sight. Prices aren't all that bad when converting to CDN$, but still out of my range. ;)

The photos are poorly done.

Finally, I have "met" someone who is even less talented than I am when it comes to photography. ;):ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
The photos are poorly done.

Finally, I have "met" someone who is even less talented than I am when it comes to photography. ;):ninja:

Translation is ridiculous ! Seems like whoever translated into English had no idea what he was doing or the whole translation was done by a program. For example:

"10 brands 1913.." Guess what it is ... No idea ? 10 Marrkka 1913 !

More ? "CHECKS"....means ,actually, Paper Money ! More ? just read the names of Russian tsars ! They have nothing to do with English transcription.

If the web site was designed for English-speakers - it is a huge failure .Sorry.

Translation is ridiculous ! Seems like whoever translated into English had no idea what he was doing or the whole translation was done by a program. For example:

"10 brands 1913.." Guess what it is ... No idea ? 10 Marrkka 1913 !

More ? "CHECKS"....means ,actually, Paper Money ! More ? just read the names of Russian tsars ! They have nothing to do with English transcription.

If the web site was designed for English-speakers - it is a huge failure .Sorry.

It was designed in Russian and the english version was translated through babelfish as it is in the address of the english version link.

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl...alltrades.ru%2f

The site is russian, not designed for english speakers.

A look at what is offered on the site showed only 1 coin less than 50 years old so (given the law which prohibits exporting numismatic items older than 50 years) it seems reasonable to conclude that the coins are intended for sale only to buyers within Russia.

Hopefully this law will be repealed soon. It is a bad idea.

A look at what is offered on the site showed only 1 coin less than 50 years old so (given the law which prohibits exporting numismatic items older than 50 years) it seems reasonable to conclude that the coins are intended for sale only to buyers within Russia.

Hopefully this law will be repealed soon. It is a bad idea.

Given the volume of Tsarist era coinage available in W. Europe and N. America, I do not believe the law is decidedly effective. I believe coins are still leaving Russia, albeit not in the numbers they did before because of greater interests in Russia and more disposable income than before.

Given the volume of Tsarist era coinage available in W. Europe and N. America, I do not believe the law is decidedly effective. I believe coins are still leaving Russia, albeit not in the numbers they did before because of greater interests in Russia and more disposable income than before.

You might be right. I certainly am not expert in such aspects of the Russian coin market.

It is my perception that prices for Russian coins in Russia are generally higher than they are in Europe or the US and that the escalating prices seen here are being driven by demand from buyers within Russia. Would you agree?

Assuming this is correct, then I have difficulty understanding why anyone inside Russia would assume the risk of illegally exporting Russian coins in order to obtain a lower price than can be obtained at auction within the country. The apparent absence of a significantly higher profit potential for the greater risk involved suggests to me that the flow of coins should be essentially one way - into Russia.

Or am I missing something here?

It was designed in Russian and the english version was translated through babelfish as it is in the address of the english version link.

http://world.altavista.com/babelfish/trurl...alltrades.ru%2f

Interesting ! Why was it , then , translated into English ? Oh, well, just another nonsense.

It was put through a translator...when you look at the site that he posted in english, you are looking at a site through a translator...the actual site is in Russian.

I assume he posted the original site AND the same site through babelfish for english speakers here on this forum (knowing there are a lot of people here interested in Russian coins)...but the actual site is only in Russian it seems and any translation errors are due to the third party automatic translator it is being filtered through.

Archived