CoinPeople.com

Krause Unusual World Coins catalogue.

Guest Aidan Work

The 2005 Krause Unusual World Coins catalogue is now out after a 12 year break.

You can get them here; http://www.amazon.com .

Aidan.

Yes, I have been keen to get this one. It has been up on Amazon's site since early in the year, but only has been available for delivery for the past couple of months.

I saw the previous edition at a book store once, but never got it. I regretted it as I never found one again. It will make a great reference source, especially with all the past ECU pieces in it. My Netherlands ECU, for example, is listed there but not in the standard Krause.

Cool !!! Another book I need to get :ninja:

• 1 month later...

I received mine yesterday. It has a basic set up to the World Coin catalogues, but there are some minor differences also.

The coins covered go back as far as the early 19th century (at least I have not come across anything older yet), and come up to the modern day euro fantasy pieces. Some of the coins shown look so good, that I am tempted to start a side collection! There are some really interesting pieces too, such as the Edward VIII pieces to the square US quarters.

I only have a few coins that are listed in this book. However, I think it will serve as a great reference should I ever come across some unfamiliar pieces. Also it will be a great diversion when I want to browse and view something besides "normal" coins.

I like it. :ninja:

Guest Aidan Work

Eventually,I will be getting one,as it lists the coins from the Hutt River Province Principality,plus there is even listings for pattern ECU's & pattern Euros from countries such as Ireland,Malta,Cyprus,Greece,& the Netherlands.If you are collecting Order of Malta coinage,the modern ones from 1961 are now listed in there.

Aidan.

this is the book you're talking about, right?  i haven't actually seen one before ...

Yep ... that's the one. Mine should be here in a week or so :ninja: