CoinPeople.com

wheat pennies

• 3 weeks later...
does anyone here want to sell their wheat pennies? i am buying them for 3 cents each. i am trying to put sets together for my kids and future grandkids before wheats get to expensive like many coins are now.

Hi,

I have been meaning to answer your query but things around here got quite complicated and I am having trouble keeping up.

Tell me a little bit more about the sets you are trying to put together. Do you have the folders for the coins, or are you waiting until you have sufficient coins to even bother with folders (what I did when I started out)? What coins do you need? How many of each do you need? Are the better circulated coins okay for the collections? Are you going to mix circulated and uncirculated wheats and/or memorials?

I have four folder sets of all years going for my grandchildren and I am trying to get the best coins I can for each set. Goodness knows that doesn't mean I will find everything I need. I will likely struggle with a few of the earliest wheats unless I get a sudden windfall from a rich uncle (and I don't have a single one of those :ninja: ). As for myself, only Dansco albums will do because I am trying to accumulate the best I can afford of the coins I find. The kids (poor things) get my leftovers. Not to say I slight them, but they sure aren't going to get my one and only 1909vdb that I bought yesterday.

Anyway, get back to me and I will see what I can do to help.

Corky

Archived