CoinPeople.com
drwstr123

1922-D Lincoln

The bottim one is a 1922 plain, a valuebal error.

But I don't know how it is formed. The weak dies may have something to do with it.

The bottim one is a 1922 plain, a valuebal error.

But I don't know how it is formed. The weak dies may have something to do with it.

Which part of the coin are you referring to? I am just trying to understand what you are seeing that I am not?

If I read it right in Redbook they have it listed as around a $27,000.00 for an MS63 no mint mark.

I just love those little copper pennies that sneak up on you.

The fourth coin down is the 'Weak D' variety. To be sans D, the D must not be visable at 10X magnification. Of the 2 no D varieties, the 'Strong Reverse' is the money coin. Mike

Yes, its the missing mint mark. I have a weak mint mark. Worth a whole $35. Nothing compared to the missing mint mark.

I think $35 for a penny is great. If you don't want it I'll give you my address and you can send it to me! :ninja:

I used to be the same way. Then I learned it is ok for me ( being 12) to carry a red book areund at shows. Then the cherry picken' begins. One dealer told me he went around from table to table when he was young.

thats a really good find.

but when your eyes get as bad as mine, all kind og stuff is missing somedays. lol