CoinPeople.com

Just looking at some halfs...

I was looking at some kennedys and had my cheerypickers' guid out and found a MS-65 1971-D DDO! ;) Can't get pics now, but will soon.

Hey! Wasn't that the one you were going to send to me?

Tell you what, if you send it to me maybe I can get a good picture of it and send it back... the picture, that is. :ninja:

Corky

Hey! Wasn't that the one you were going to send to me?

Tell you what, if you send it to me maybe I can get a good picture of it and send it back... the picture, that is. :ninja:

Corky

No! I was going to send you the 2000-P half. My DDO. ;) I found it in coins I got at a bank! ;) I will post a better pic, but here is the blurry one

scan.jpg

No! I was going to send you the 2000-P half. My DDO. :ninja: I found it in coins I got at a bank! ;) I will post a better pic, but here is the blurry one

scan.jpg

Okay, okay. If I can't bully you into giving it up then I will stop trying... ;)

Oh, I know, maybe you can find another one and we can find a way to 'trade' for it. ;)

Corky

By the way, nice find!!

If I found another I would trade or sell it. Or use it to bait dealers in so I can make rediclus deals to get odd coins. " You can have it if I can have half your junk bin and a 1910-s cent". ;):ninja:;)

I am almost at the point of dumping my junk bin, but don't have that 1910s Lincolns in my collection either. Drats. ;)

Oh well, I tried.

Corky

I am sending it to be slabbed today. I like the IGS slabbs, but they have so high shiping ( ups) and insurance ( $8.50 ). :ninja: It will be a nice error slab, and I will have proorf for my sister that it is there. She dosn't care about coins, and if I have something nice it's always " don't get ahead of yourself" or something like that. And it drives me crazzzzyy. ;);)

• 2 weeks later...
I am sending it to be slabbed today. I like the IGS slabbs, but they have so high shiping ( ups) and insurance ( $8.50 ). ;) It will be a nice error slab, and I will have proorf for my sister that it is there. She dosn't care about coins, and if I have something nice it's always " don't get ahead of yourself" or something like that. And it drives me crazzzzyy. ;);)

Nothing like sweet, throw it in your siblings face, take that to the bank, money where the mouth is proof to shut that one grinch in your life up. sorry if I was too harsh :ninja:

Also, I'm new, I can't really see the error, and I'm thinking it would be beneficial if I knew what I was looking for, would anyone be able to explain it to me please?

It is the in god in the motto that is dobbled. I'll be getting that slab any time now :ninja:

I actualy get the halfs out of mixed bank bags. Along with the DDO I found a 40% silver half. I got the glue off it ( probaly was glued in an album ) and it was a nice cirulated find.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If it were me, I wouldn't waste my money and time on grading companies that aren't recognized by the industry. You're paying money for a holder that would be considered an uncertified coin by any experienced collector or dealer in the industry. Basically your fee goes to a piece of plastic you could buy yourself for a dollar.

If you want to certify a coin and have that certification mean something, you need to stick to PCGS, NGC, ANACS, or ICG....and nobody else.

From your images I would have to agree with your sister.

Unfortunately sending the coin to an unrecognized third party grader doesn't prove anything. PCI spent years slabbing machine doubling as doubled dies.

Basically, unless the grading service you are using knows what they are doing, they are likely to take your money and give you whatever you say it is without reviewing it.

I can also tell you there is no chance of getting it into a doubled die holder with NGC or PCGS, but if it's a doubled die, ICG or ANACS will take care of you, and their opinion is trusted.

Like I said....no matter what - sending the coin to an unknown grading service is a complete waste of money and time.

Archived