CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
mityaj

Diakov

What is a proper way to reference coins from the Diakov's catalog? I have seen page number followed by the coin number in some auctions, but also group number followed by the coin number. Is there an accepted standard?

Thanks,

Dimitri

What is a proper way to reference coins from the Diakov's catalog? I have seen page number followed by the coin number in some auctions, but also group number followed by the coin number. Is there an accepted standard?

Thanks,

Dimitri

I don't know that there is any accepted standard.

I'm in favor of whatever is the simplest and clearest method to identify the coin being discussed.

There is no reason to mention page number as group number and coin number are sufficient and unique. So it is group number.coin number

There is no reason to mention page number as group number and coin number are sufficient and unique. So it is group number.coin number

It makes perfect sense. The only reason I asked is that I saw the page-based reference in the "Alexander" auction in Moscow. Thanks!