CoinPeople.com

New red book

Dan769

I got my RedBooks on Saturday. They're great. I haven't had a chance to read one yet, but the changes make the book very attractive and quite easy to use.

The Large Cent section seems to be expanded greatly.

edited: I'll have a few extras to offer to folks here, if they're interested. First I have to do a count of the number that I've committed to the coin club and some local friends. I'll post the number available later today.

:ninja:

Several places have them now.

U read the book, Art? lol

I always read the new Red Book. The intro material is always interesting, even if most of it is refresher. Bowers did a lot of work on the intro, from what I've read, and it's supposed to be very good. I haven't gotten to read it yet.

I'm waiting for an email from my Coin Club Treasurer about the number of books he wants to prizes. Then I'll know how many I can "sell". I'll let you know what's available as soon as possible.

:ninja:

• 2 weeks later...
Im still waiting for Overstock to send me mine.

And I am still waiting for Amazon.com to send me my five copies!

Next year I will just buy from Art - He gets them sooner than anyone, and his price was cheaper than Amazon's! Go figure.

Absolutely the best Red Book in the last 30 years. Lots of new information and better photos of the coins. I like the improvements 100%! :ninja:

Äääähhhh, do not tell me this! I just finally got around to buying my first redbook earlier this year and it was a 2005! ;)

Just got mine yesterday ... The new layout is impressive, but what really grabbed my attention is the new photos. They finally got really GOOD pics of most of the coins. This edition is a keeper :ninja:

STOP!  Mumbles: Ai caramba! Ave Maria! por qué yo comprar........

I've still got a few of the spiral bound left. --- Seriously, if you have friends coming to the US this summer, have them bring one back for you. It's a great improvement over the previous books. :ninja:

No, but my father is coming to Finland from South Florida. :ninja:

Well, South Florida is almost like the US ;). Why not have him pick one up for you. They're available just about everywhere.

Well, South Florida is almost like the US ;). Why not have him pick one up for you. They're available just about everywhere.

I am sure that is the case. However, my father is not a natural born shopper. He is not good at finding things. I gave him a small list of things that I want him to bring: the list has accompanying images that I copied and pasted from the net to assist him. :ninja:

• 2 weeks later...

Received mine yesterday (thanks Art!)

While I normally prefer the traditionally bound books, this spiral bound version will actually be much easier to use on a daily level. (If you actively collect US coins, I would recommend having at least 1 spiral bound version.)

I have not had a chance to read the contents yet, but just from browsing the pages, I agree with others here that the new layout (colored tables, headers, etc.) is excellent- much easier to read. New photos and other info has been added as well. I thought it might be redundant (and to a certain extent it is of course) to get a 2006 as I just bought my first Red Book (2005) earlier in the year, but I am not at all disappointed. It was a positive and pleasant surprise! :ninja: