CoinPeople.com

Egypt 5 Milliemes 1907

NumisMattic2200

I have this coin, five milliemes 1907, which I received in a massive job lot of 10 Kilos yesterday and it was in a protective case mixed in with the bulk mass of other coins. Don't really have time to take a photo as I am pretty busy getting down with this lot, so does anyone have access to info or know how much this coin is worth? It is probably EF, but what is it worth in F, VF, EF please? :ninja:

Gratefully,

Matt ;)

I have this coin, five milliemes 1907, which I received in a massive job lot of 10 Kilos yesterday and it was in a protective case mixed in with the bulk mass of other coins. Don't really have time to take a photo as I am pretty busy getting down with this lot, so does anyone have access to info or know how much this coin is worth? It is probably EF, but what is it worth in F, VF, EF please? :ninja:

Gratefully,

Matt ;)

Are you certain about the date/attribution?

In my (old) copy of Krause, the Egyptian coins from that period (1907) are fractions and multiples of "qirsh".

I can't find a 5 milliemes listed until 1916 & 1917 at the earliest, under British occupation.

For that issue, my 1985 Krause says

Date VF EF UNC

1916 5.00 10.00 30.00

1916H 3.00 8.00 25.00

1917 2.00 6.00 20.00

1917H 1.00 2.00 15.00

Hi Griv', it's me probably, I don't know all of the denominations yet so I assumed that "Milliémes" were always Egyptian - it might be somewhere else!

Here is the photo I took early this morning, now I have time to post it..

Also I looked in a book that lists the terminology such as names of types of coin and it gives for Millieme both Egypt and.. Libya!?

(Millime was Tunisia)

By the way I just looked on worldcoingallery.com and it does look like Libya! :ninja:

6pria9c.jpg

8a5pbbc.jpg

Sus' at CC says it's worth absolutely nothing! ;)

There must be someone, somewhere who collects Libyan coins. :ninja:

But I've never met (or heard) of anyone who does.

1985 Krause says VF-10¢, EF-20¢ and UNC-60¢. I don't have a more recent catalog for 20th century issues, but I doubt the listed values will have changed much.

Nice photos! What camera are you using to take them?

Archived