CoinPeople.com

Your consultation is required

I likes them all, too. Beautiful photography!

The several 19th-century French large silver jetons or medals sometimes sell on eBay for around $20-$25, sometimes a bit less or more. None of your appears to be rare (according to my guidebooks), but they're in beautiful shape. If I were buying them I would pay around $12-$15 apiece. Melt value is about that anyways-- these are thick silver pieces.

I don't know about the other medals...

I love the last one if I had the money I would give $25.00US for it but sadly my funds for collecting have run out this year.

Your consultation is required.I wish to get some medals in a collection, but I am not guided in their exact cost. Your help in an estimation for purchase is necessary.

i-988.jpg

i-989.jpg

i-990.jpg

i-991.jpg

i-992.jpg

i-993.jpg

Some of the French medals, notably the creations of Oscar Roty, or Depuis go for more. They are usually fairly common, but attractive designs, with Marianne on them go for more, the silvers usually go in the low $100+ range, on up.

It's true that the jetons santa shows are common --especially the "Comice Agricole" type-- but beautiful nonetheless. But I have never myself seen them go for more than $40 on eBay, and have never paid more than $30 for any of mine, which are very similar to santa's. If they're really going for $100 now, then I have indeed made a good investment! :ninja:

It's true that the jetons santa shows are common --especially the "Comice Agricole" type-- but beautiful nonetheless. But I have never myself seen them go for more than $40 on eBay, and have never paid more than $30 for any of mine, which are very similar to santa's. If they're really going for $100 now, then I have indeed made a good investment! :ninja:

I suspect that you are based in the US when you talk in terms of buying in $'s. Over the past year i've seen a dramatic increase in the cost of silver jetons. What I would have paid $20 - $25 for last year are now costing roughly $40 -$50 now. This is not solely because of the fall in the value of the dollar worldwide. It's also because the european market for french jetons seems to have wakened up. Not before time I may add. Nevertheless the two shown in this post are far from being rare and they are also relatively modern. Am I mistaken or does that Fonciere piece loll to have been rather well polished? ;)

`La Fonciere' is a fairly modern French Insurance company. That one was minted in the mid - late 19th century. You'll find it (and variants) listed in Raymond Gailhouste's `Numismatique de L'Assurance' which is the standard reference for jetons de presence relating to assurance and assurance companies.

Archived