CoinPeople.com

Make No Cents Until It Makes Sense Act

28Plain

I sat next to Ron Paul in first class on Continental from Houston to DCA last August. We talked for about two hours and this was one item that came up.

I can say he honestly believes all that he says, and this is one of his bigger "libertarian" ideas he likes to push (IIRC he said the same when he ran for US President in 1988)

Ciao,

AWACS

The only thing that concerns me about Ron Paul is his connection with the Bernard Nuthaus Liberty Dollar scheme.

Ron Paul has no connection to that company or their scheme. They used his name without his knowledge, permisson, or approval.

Uh, you should hoard gold. Because if and when the proverbial *bleep* hits the fan, you have something of value. All savings should include something strategic in case the government goes bonkers on us. Look for instance at the USA Civil War of 1861-1865 when this lovely lady:

1854ten.jpg

had more liquidity than this, even with the neat portrait of Honest Abe:

legaltender1018622a.jpg

Which was remarkably unpopular, and was not even accepted for customs duties etc.

Oh, right now I'm hoarding silver and pre-1982 cents... I just have no means with which to hoard gold, and any gold I would want to buy would go straight into my U.S. type set.

I have a neighbor whose house used to look nice.

Then he became a Ron Paul fan and put up around 10 signs.

Now the house looks real trashy.

Ron Paul fans have also been putting up "bandit" or illegal signs along freeways and roads.

He must recruit his followers from the "Work at Home" and "I Buy Houses" people.

I have a neighbor whose house used to look nice.

Then he became a Ron Paul fan and put up around 10 signs.

Now the house looks real trashy.

Ron Paul fans have also been putting up "bandit" or illegal signs along freeways and roads.

He must recruit his followers from the "Work at Home" and "I Buy Houses" people.

I think all these signs are BS. I don't need the fools with signs all over their yards telling me how to vote. Thankfully none of my neighbours can or will.

Ron Paul bumper sticker FTW!

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen a single piece of propaganda for any other candidate, Rep. or Dem., for anyone other than Paul. At least here in East Jesus.

Willie: Is that your reasoning for not supporting him? You don't want to be part of the "Work at Home" and "I Buy Houses" brigade? :ninja:

My point is that the Ron Paul fans are posting "bandit" or illegal signs on public property,

along with the signs promoting "work at home" or other scams.

They make the neighborhoods look trashy and will lower resale property values.

That is why many folks will remove them from their areas.

Uh, you should hoard gold. Because if and when the proverbial *bleep* hits the fan, you have something of value....

Personally, I wish I converted my cash assets to Euros back at parity. I now have concerns about gold, because when US builder stocks started falling in late 05, there was a panic run into gold, and I think it's become another speculative bubble, despite the state of the US dollar. I recall the Hunt silver bubble of '73, and the silver price on the downside. Luckily, I sold all my silver near top, which wasn't a bad move for a 10 year old! :ninja:

not investment advice

I sold a few French gold coins on eBay a few years ago when the € was under a dollar, and took payment in € from my French buyers. Now I wished I had kept the €. When and if I start peddling my wonders on ebay again I may encourage € £ or C$ payments instead of dollars. Up until last year I took payments in €uros, Canadian, British(preferably Scottish) and Polish Zlotych.

My point is that the Ron Paul fans are posting "bandit" or illegal signs on public property,

along with the signs promoting "work at home" or other scams.

They make the neighborhoods look trashy and will lower resale property values.

That is why many folks will remove them from their areas.

Exactly why all such signage, political or otherwise, is prohibited in my village. Both on private property and on public property.

Archived