Tiffibunny

898139.jpg

1984 Austria 25 Schilling Silver Franz Grillparzer

897575.jpg

1991 Austria 100 Schillings Proof. Rudolf I

897576.jpg

1991 Austria 100 Schillings Mozart

897629.jpg

1992 Austria 100 Schilling Proof Karl V Could not find English version of page.

900186.jpg

2004 Austria €10 Silver Proof Coin Castle Artstetten The coin is minted in 92.5% sterling silver with a diameter of 32 mm and weight of 16 grams. The worldwide issue limit is 60,000. Part of the Austrian Castles Series. Castle Website

900188.jpg

2003 Austria €10 Silver Proof Castle Hof The coin is minted in 92.5% sterling silver with a mintage limit of 50,000 pcs, diameter of 32 mm and weight of 16 grams. Part of the Austrian Castles series. Webpage

900185.jpg

2004 Austria 10 Euro Proof Castle Schloss Hellbrunn. .925 Silver 16g 32mm Mintage 60,000 Part of the Austrian Castle Series. Castle Website

900187.jpg

2004 Austria €5 Silver BU Coin EU Enlargement The coin has been struck by the Austrian Mint in 80% silver, and measures 28.50 mm in diameter and weighs 8 grams. The issue limit is 100,000 coins.

900184.jpg

2005 Austria €10 Silver Second Republic 60 Years # Mint: Austrian Mint # Issue limit: 40,000 pcs. # Alloy: 92.5% Sterling Silver # Diameter: 32 mm # Weight: 16 grams

Could not find English version of page.

Very nice images - as usual :ninja:

One side note: If, on some Wikipedia page, you follow any of the language links on the left, you are taken to the corresponding article in that other language. Et voilà ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charles_V%2C_Holy_Roman_Emperor

Christian

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

909412.jpg

2006 Austria €25 Silver/Niobium Coin "European Satellite Navigation"

# Mint: Austrian Mint

# Denomination: €25

# Quality: Proof

# Issue limit: 65,000 pcs.

# Alloy: Sterling Silver ring, Niobium core

# Diameter: 34 mm

# Weight: 7.15 grams

I've wanted to have one of the niobium coins since they first issued them. The first was blue, if I remember correctly.

Not only that - it also had a very interesting mint/die theme. The later ones are OK but not that neat in my opinion.

Christian

I was lucky. I managed to get hold of two of the first issue. I kept this up with the second and third, but decided to call a halt on my Austrian niobium collection when I saw the khaki coloured one. To me it looks like it has an alu/bronze centre. Mimicing a base metal doesn't exactly show off the potential of niobium to its best advantage IMHO.

Ian

I've wanted to have one of the niobium coins since they first issued them. The first was blue, if I remember correctly.

Me too. The green one was the one that first caught my eye (it is my favorite color). But it was already sold out. They are quite neat.

• 1 month later...

911153.jpg

1974 Austria 50 Schillings Proof, 100 Years Police.

911152.jpg

1974 Austria 50 Schillings Proof, International Garden Expo.

I took these out of a proof set. The reverses are toned purple, but it didn't capture well.

• 7 months later...
i have to admit that this year's issue isn't as fun as earlier issues ... blue and green niobium has a more interesting look ...

Then you may find this year's niobium coin more interesting. It has an aviation theme and comes in a turquoise color.

oesterreich-25-euro-luftfahrt-2007.jpg

Here http://www.muenzblog.de/bilder/oesterreich...-gross-2007.jpg is a larger image. The coin will be issued in late February.

Christian