CoinPeople.com

Hello from Connecticut-Nutmeg State

Hi everyone. I have been lurking as a guest for a while now. I don't very often come here but usually drop in on Coin Talk where I am a member, the PCGS forum, and the World Coin collector's forum. Finally signed up here as nutmeg. Have been buying, selling, trading coins for a few years.

Sold my drag racing car a few years ago and quit drag racing at New England Dragway. Coin collecting is my main hobby. Getting tired of ebay. As soon as I have enough posts I will be buying, trading and selling some coins. Thanks.

Welcome Nutmeg.

What are your main collecting interests?

My interests are numerous. Hence this is a long post! Currently working on many US sets. Walking Liberty set in Dansco needs only eight more to be done. Four other Walker sets going. Actively working on six sets of Merc dimes. One needs only 2 coins. Another Merc set only needs 9 more. Also have a high grade Merc set going slowly in an old Library of Coins album. Just about done with a high grade Franklin half set, need a couple upgrades. Many with FBL.

Finished several sets of Kennedy halfs and sold 3. Roosevelt dime set in Dansco is done.

Going back to my childhood and working seriously now on a few Lincoln cent sets. Have been ignoring Lincoln cents for decades. Same with Buffalo nickels. Working slowly now on a set of Buffs I started over 40 years ago from circulation. My main problem with them all is I do not get the keys first. Then the sets get put on the back burner because I strongly refuse to spend hundreds for the keys. I just reach a stalling point and go to something else. So I go back and forth between sets, slowly adding another coin once in a blue moon.

Then I get a tremendous urge to sell everything and just buy pre 1933 Gold. The big ticket items are in a safe deposit box. I visit once every few months. I had a yard sale recently and sold $356 worth of US coins. Used that money to pick up a few early Lincolns and a 1931S Merc dime. Paid $24 for a 1913S Lincoln cent. Now I don't want to put it in the album..

Also have a large collection of World coins.

Northeast corner aka the quiet corner. Also known as The last Green Valley.

Nice!! The one area of the state I really never been to. Tho I remember bowling in a tournament in Brooklyn once.

I lived in Fairfield County.

Do you have any favorites to post on CP. We do like pictures of most any interesting coin.

Corky

As a matter of fact I do. Quite a few actually. One is a counterfeit 120 Grana dated 1796. Having trouble with photobucket though. Can't seem to see my links in full. Plus I work 3rd shift which turns everything upside down.

Nice!! The one area of the state I really never been to. Tho I remember bowling in a tournament in Brooklyn once.

I lived in Fairfield County.

The Friendly Bowl is just ten minutes from me. We used to hitchhike there on Friday and Saturday nights to see all the fast musclecars do burnouts in the parking lot. It was the only action in town.

My Mom's aunt & uncle lived in Fairfield on Quaker Lane. Her uncle Larry Thilo owned a gas station on route 1.

sorry for the delay in posting my "welcome 2 coin people" ... ;) so with that said ...welcome 2 coin people an hope you have fun an share interesting details bout coins an medals an banknotes an such ;) and hope you get 2 learn a lil also from us all ;)

(ps anythin in arabic i can translate :ninja: )

Hi Ken,

New Haven county, lived there too, in Milford and Bethany. Loved Bethany, wish I kept the house I had there.

Hi back at ya Dan, I grew up in Derby and have since lived in Cheshire and Hamden. Too bad you moved from Bethany it really is a nice quiet town. I've worked in the Fairfield area (Stratford) for the last 20 yrs.

Hi back at ya Dan, I grew up in Derby and have since lived in Cheshire and Hamden. Too bad you moved from Bethany it really is a nice quiet town. I've worked in the Fairfield area (Stratford) for the last 20 yrs.

Lived in Stratford from 1973 to 1991, graduated from Bunnell High School. You work at Sikorsky's? Seems like everyone worked there at one point.

Cheshire is a nice town. One thing about the area I really miss is the Farmington Canal rail trail. I loved biking and rollerblading that trail. It was 8 miles long when I moved. Have they finished it yet?

• 1 month later...

Archived