Draped Bust Half Cent

Capped Bust Dime

Standing Liberty Quarter v. I

Matron Head - Booby Head Large Cent

Two-Cent Piece

Liberty Seated Half-Dime, v. II

Nickel Three-Cent Piece

Buffalo Nickel - Raised Ground

Standing Liberty Quarter, v. II, recessed date (1925-1930)

These are all going into the type set, so I'm looking for the commonest of all common dates. I'd like the condition to be at least at good (but not too high, I like to spread the wealth) but for the last few, cheaper pieces, especially the SLQ v. II, I might be able to pull for a higher-grade piece.

Thanks for looking!

Jeez, girl. That's quite a list. Go for the old coppers first. You'll find some in great, collectable condition for a good deal. Moreover, I see some of them as undervalued by the market, so get them now before they become popular.

Oh, that's pretty... but I think for now I'll stick with the lower grades and upgrade as I get a real job and progress in it. Suppose I gotta do my research before committing, too. Still... :ninja:

Oh, that's pretty... but I think for now I'll stick with the lower grades and upgrade as I get a real job and progress in it. Suppose I gotta do my research before committing, too. Still... ;)

Make the iPod buyer himself get a second job, he caused this whole fiasco anyway. :ninja:

Actually TG the best advice I can give you is go for quality, not a quick buy. Buy something nice like an attractive nice XF or better large cent. Do not go for quantity, but get one thing or a few things that you will have set your sights high for. Then later on when you reflect on it you will be glad you purchased it.

Here is something that you might find under $100:

3cent1865.jpg

Lots of history, being struck during the Civil War, is uncirculated, has a die clash, and is an unusual denomination. Then you can show it off here so we can all ooooohhh and ahhhhh :ninja:

Then you can show it off here so we can all ooooohhh and ahhhhh ;)

:ninja:

The problem with waiting to make huge purchases like that, as much as I adore scrutinizing the detail in clothing and hair, how am I ever supposed to get things like Draped Bust - Small Eagle rev. Half Dollars or 18th century gold in anything better than fair? ACH, THIS IS HARD! I AM IN A PICKLE!

That and I'm just plain impatient.

There are also some pieces, though, whose detail I would appreciate more than other pieces. I might put more into the pieces which I would kill to scrutinize every detail but on others I might just get in good condition.

Or, since there are many pieces which have the same design between denominations, I might buy one of the denominations in super-brilliant-happy-time condition and then get the others in grades less than brilliant.

This needs much more thought...

:ninja:

how am I ever supposed to get things like Draped Bust - Small Eagle rev. Half Dollars

Wow, you have your sights set pretty high. Even in PO-1, this is a 5 figure coin! (If you can find one). I used to own a PCGS AG-3 example but I sold it after I discovered it had been tooled. I just couldn't look at it the same way once I found out its history.

Wow, you have your sights set pretty high. Even in PO-1, this is a 5 figure coin! (If you can find one). I used to own a PCGS AG-3 example but I sold it after I discovered it had been tooled. I just couldn't look at it the same way once I found out its history.

Yeah... right now it's on the list since for all I know my husband's band could become famous or something. Wishful thinking, mostly. :ninja:

More additions after much deliberation:

IHC's between 1900 and 1908 at AU-50 or so

Liberty Head Nickel, no "CENTS" at AU-50 or so

Buffalo Nickel from 1935, 36, or 37 (Philadelphia Mint) at about AU-50

Merc from 1939, 40, or 41 (Philadelphia - or others of approx. same mintage) at AU-50 or better

Walking Liberty Half between 1941-46 (Philadelphia) at about AU-50

Thanks!

As :ninja: - worthy as MS-60 is... I'll have to wait until my husband or I become rock stars... and idolize the MS-60's that SM has acquired. ((lip sticking out))

Archived