CoinPeople.com

Twisted Auction...for lack of better names ENDED

daggit

I'm sorta stealing Blackhawks Idea for an auction here ;) I have some silver "stuff" that is a little worn, tired, smooth....however ya wanna put it. I will start the auction at face value for whats being listed, and I will call it at 55cents US because I have no idea what denomination the Netherlands coin is (one of the smooth ones) :D The other coins consist of:

2 buffalo 5 cents...dates...who knows

2 Jefferson 5 cents, 1941 d, 1943p

2 Merc dimes, 1937 warped... new variety ;) , 1945

1 Barber dime...date ummm maybe...1901??? maybe 02 ;)

OK so the twist is the auction will run for 6 days ending on Sept.18/07, if you have not placed a bid by the end of Sept 16th you may not bid on the last 2 days. To make it fair to those who started to bid initially (if anyone ;) ) Oh ya "THE TWIST"...each day I will add 1 maybe 2 coins to the auction meanwhile keeping the same start bid price, I will be tossing in some doubles of what I have this may be silver, unc , proof or circulated coins from US to who knows??? Shipping will be $3.00 cuz there will be a couple bigger coins along the way. Have fun because thats what its meant for! :ninja:

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Golly, you know that 10 ticks is the same as 5/16ths. This is a whopping 1/16th more than my last bid. A mere pittance. I believe these coins are far too nice for such a small amount to win. $3 12/32nds (that's 12 ticks, 2 fleas, and a louse.)

you know I miss the good old days of ticks and teenies (sixteenths) in stock market quotes, this decimal trading is just a fad I tells you! $3 1/2 (did I get the appropriate minimum bid increment Art? :ninja: )

It makes the market far more "user friendly". I think the advent of daytrading has sealed the fate forever.

Bid! Yes I must bid. Let's see $3 1/2 from Jeff. That's 8/16 or 16/32 or 32/64 or even 64/128. I think we need to be respectful here and maintain some reasonable minimum bid increment. I think that 8/64 should be the minimum at this point. SO my bid is.

$3 48/64

Archived