CoinPeople.com

Pair seek to establish private mint - investors needed

edix2001

I received information today about two former private mint employees who seek to raise funds to create their own private mint. I'm reposting the text of both the announcement today on the rec.collecting.coins newsgroup and a response from the pair to an inquiry I made to them about it. Please feel free to contact them at f4njunk@yahoo.com to find out more about the project for prospective funders. I'm a great fan of private mints and I'm sure these two are working their very best to establish one. If you support such an idea, but don't have the funds yourself to invest, please send this notice to others who may be better able to get involved.

Cheers!,

Edwin Johnston

member, Greater Houston Coin Club.

-----------------

Email response to announcement reprinted below:

Edwin,

Yes, this is a confirmation. Tim and I have grown very frustrated by lack of support in an area that is economically depressed and is clamoring for economic development, but no one seems willing to help. We are seeking between $60K - $100K to cover start up expenses (moving the presses, installing power and air, buying metal for the tokens, etc.).

We do not even expect this from one source, although that would be easier, numerous investors of smaller amounts would be welcomed as well.

Any help you could offer would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Sean Moffatt and Tim Grat

-----------------

From the rec.collecting.coins newsgroup on September 11, 2007:

Investors sought for new private mint

Sean Moffatt, formerly of Hoffman Mint and Tim Grat formerly of Gallery Mint have joined forces in Eureka Springs, Arkansas and are working to establish a new private minting operation.

Sean has 20 years in the minting trade, and was operations manager for Hoffman Mint. Hoffman Mint was sold out from under all the employees in may of '06, and the new owners moved some of the equipment to another location and kept none of the experienced staff by April '07. Sean owns 4 high speed Schuler coining presses and some support equipment and is ready to install this equipment right away.

Tim has 10 years in the minting trade and was chief coiner at Gallery Mint before it was sold in November '06, and reclosed in August.

We are seeking interested investors as none of the standard investors and financial institutions in our area can think beyond standard "cookie cutter" loans secured by real estate. We have a business plan available for interested parties.

We are only seeking enough funding to get moved into a building that has been offered to us, acquire a few pieces of support equipment, and cover start up costs. We would be interested in discussing terms with interested parties including part ownership.

Please respond to me via email if you are interested.

Sean Moffatt

f4njunk@yahoo.com

-----------------

Archived