CoinPeople.com

poor abe :'(

roaddevil

well i was thinkin bout how ppl say vinegar cleans coins ...so i had an extra 1989 d cent ...decided hey lets give it a try ;) i used "american garden apple cider vinegar" for say 3 days this is what happ :ninja: lol "images maybe 2 hard an gruesome for young children viewer discretion is advised"

lindmg2.jpg

lindmg1.jpg

lindmg.jpg

lindmg3.jpg

lindmg4.jpg

ahh the coin was so black i had 2 use a tooth brush an some tooth paste 2 clean it a bit.... ;) poor abe ...lol ;) ....so the lesson i learned is.... NVR USE VINEGAR 2 CLEAN COINS!!!! lol

Holy cow... 3 days? Isn't it supposed to be like, 15 minutes? Even then the cleaned product looks artificially bright.

Any chemists out there that can tell me what the heck eats copper like that?

NVR USE VINEGAR 2 CLEAN COINS!!!![/b] lol

Thanks for the timely lesson RD.

The famous cola drink did about the same thing when I tried it on zinc coins that already had some surface cracks or breaks.

What a lesson there was in that!

So far I haven't come up with a way to clean the gunk off pennies except for the boiling water and baking soda regimen.

Problem with that is the pennies will come out toned and/or darkened. However, some of the coins would revert back to the original color if rubbed between the thumb and forefinger. Not all of them because that method might make the shine. Curious thing, these 'chemicals' we have in our bodies.

Corky

im now tryin a bahrain 100 fils bi metal ;) in vinegar ..eheheh ;) hey i got alot :ninja: lol don wanna waste any more of my extra lincolns xD

Okay, admit it, you aren't RD, you're the 'Mad Scientist', right? ;)

Do you have a lot of Lincolns? Are there any Lincolns you need (other than the famous vdb '09 or dbl 55's, which I do not have yet). Let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

Is it legal to send a coin or two to your country from outside... is it legal for you to send a coin or two from your country to the U.S.?

Corky

Okay, admit it, you aren't RD, you're the 'Mad Scientist', right?

:ninja: she found my secret out >_>..... KILL HER!!!! ...;) lol jkin jkin ^_^

Do you have a lot of Lincolns? Are there any Lincolns you need (other than the famous vdb '09 or dbl 55's, which I do not have yet). Let me know and I will see what I can do to help.

yea im missin alot of yrs ;) i wanna try an get my memorials first ^_^ cause they are easier ;) i likw wheaties more but harder 2 get ...but expectin a letter from dustin with wheaties from 1950-d till 1959 ^_^ "p" mint an "d" mint :D (except 1950 "p" mint ;) lol have that )

Is it legal to send a coin or two to your country from outside

:D yea ofcourse...got letters from bill, vfox, etc :D an expectin 26 coins from dustin :D

is it legal for you to send a coin or two from your country to the U.S.?

yup ^_^ just sent dustin 26 swiss an bahraini coins :wub:

Archived