CoinPeople.com

French coin help

Ætheling

Has anyone out there got an 18th century Krause catalogue?

I've been to the 'local' library today to look through their stuff, managed to photocopy the Third Reich section out of the 20th century Krause so i can see where i've got to go and a very, very rough idea of the prices.

But no luck finding the 18th century. I'd appreciate a list of all issues struck during Louis XVI's reign.

Gold, Silver and Copper.

So anyone with too much time on their hands that can help me out?

I'd love to help you out, AE, but all I have is 1901-present

I have every confidence someone will have one. There is one other library i might be able to try but it'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Seems alot to actually buy a whole Krause catalogue and pay nearly as much on shipping just to want say a dozen or less pages out of it. I live in hope. :ninja:

> I've been to the 'local' library today to look through their stuff, managed to photocopy the Third Reich section out of the 20th century Krause...

> Any spelling mistakes in the post above are entirely my own work and are copyright.

You bust their copyright but declare your own? That's a good one! :ninja:

Louis XVI (1774-93): 1 Liard, 3 Deniers, 1/2 Sol, 12 Deniers, 2 Sols, 6 Sols, 12 Sols, 15 Sols, 24 Sols, 30 Sols, 1/2 Ecu, 1 Ecu, 1/2 Louis d'Or, 1 Louis d'Or, 2 Louis d'Or.

Seems to me it would be easier to just locate a used Krause on Ebay or Amazon.com as they usually sell for less than half of the price of a new one and then you would have the whole world at your finger tips? If interested in going that route just email me. The shipping will be a jolt but it only has to cross the pond one time!

Thanks Terry but i'll have to pass on it. Firstly because i'm only interested in France and Britain in this period and my Coincraft takes care of the latter better than anything going. The former i've now just got.

So i really don't need the rest.