CoinPeople.com

The Deadpoint

thedeadpoint

Very nice coins. The two cent piece is a great Civil War era piece of history and that 83 brings a lot of interesting things to mind. I find it very interesting that scammers were on those so quickly plating them and passing them as five dollar coins.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 6 months later...

I've always found scans to give better results for banknotes. Can't wait to see the new goodies (goody) :grin:.........

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all,

I just wanted to give you an small update. The last month has been the longest I've had in as long as I can remember. First, my health, wealth, job, family, and friends are all intact and in fine shape. I'm very lucky to have all of those and do my best to show my gratefulness. Unfortunately, not all was peachy last month on a personal front and it won't be peachy for the forseeable near future. Again, I'm very grateful for all I have but I haven't been 100% myself.

A few Saturdays ago, I made a trip to my favorite coin place - the Baltimore Coin Convention. It's a three-times-a-year affair but it's the first time I've been since Nov. 2010 since all my weekends had been previously occupied. I owe you guys an update about that trip but not tonight.

More importantly, I need to formally acknowledge my job search. I like my current position and city but I am ready to move on for different challenges and to be closer to the people and places I love. So, if you know anyone in Washington, DC, who wants a top notch kiddo in engineering/defense/energy/project management/whatever, please let me know!

That's all for tonight. I need to get back to job searching....

TDP

Good luck with the search. Life has a way of dealing us ups and downs, but it all comes out for the better in the long run. Hang in there and don't let the SOBs get you down.

Thank you, gentlemen! You guys keep posting great coins, notes, and medals to give me distractions to look forward to when I get home after a long day of work.

• 3 months later...

Added two coins to my under-attended type set yesterday - an 1854-O (arrows) Seated Liberty half dime in fine and an 1868 shield nickel in XF.

I will post pics later (tomorrow probably) and owe you guys some pics of some big pickups way back in March!

• 10 months later...