CoinPeople.com
Sign in to follow this  
tabbs

Ghana introduces New Cedi

On 1 July 2007 Ghana gets a new currency - 10,000 old cedis will be 1 new cedi. The government will also issue a range of new coins: 1, 5, 10, 20, 50 pesewas, and 1 cedi. Here http://www.ghanacedi.gov.gh/ is more information.

Christian

This is interesting. I like the banknote designs. I'll be looking for a set at the end of the year.

This is interesting. I like the banknote designs. I'll be looking for a set at the end of the year.

Which is funny, because I think they are knockoff designs, especially the obverse which shows no originality. They don't look much better than those bearer cheques that Mugabe uses as money.

They're all themes that have been used on their banknotes/stamps/seals before and in that sense they lack originality - true. I just like the way they've blended the colors and the historical monuments/buildings they present. (When it comes to Ghana stuff, I'm pretty easy to please. I even like the pesewa designs.