CoinPeople.com

Which George & the Dragon is best?

Which design Is best  

33 members have voted

1. 1. Which George & the Dragon design do you think is best?

• George V Spink Pattern
    • George V 1933 Issue
    • George VI 1951 Issue

Yes another thread by me :ninja: I obviously have nothing better to do today

This time a simple poll, which of the three above crowns has your favourite George & the Dragon design. The Spink Patina George V design, the 1933 official design of George V or the 1951 George VI design.

I personally think the 1933 George V design is the best, I love the simplicity of the design, especially of the dragon.

What do you guys think?

GeorgeDragonCrownsA.jpg

GeorgeDragonCrownsB.jpg

Pistrucci's.

(I think that's who designed the '51)

I am for the '33.

It was actually issued in 1935 not 33. I too quite like it, the only thing that puts me off and George V himself commented "A damned bad rider", but the design was still approved so he couldn't have hated it.

It is also sometimes referred to as the "rocking horse" Crown. It was designed by Percy Metcalfe.

It is a unique design and I have also got one in my collection.

Pistrucci's St. George and the dragon in my view is the best. Look at the quality of the engraving, the details in the muscles etc...

It was actually issued in 1935 not 33. I too quite like it, the only thing that puts me off and George V himself commented "A damned bad rider", but the design was still approved so he couldn't have hated it.

It is also sometimes referred to as the "rocking horse" Crown. It was designed by Percy Metcalfe.

It is a unique design and I have also got one in my collection.

Pistrucci's St. George and the dragon in my view is the best. Look at the quality of the engraving, the details in the muscles etc...

Interesting so it took them a while to release it then?

See it's the style of the horse and dragon that make it my favourite, just it's simplicity which was quite rare for the time, especially as back in those days alot of coins have quite a bit of detail.

I do like the 1951 & Spink Patina as well but it's the unqiue design that make sit my favourite :ninja:

Archived