CoinPeople.com

Discourses Concerning...

thedeadpoint

I'm reading Itinerarium by Dr. Alexander Hamilton (not the famous statesman). It is about the Briton's leisurely travel across Colonial America. I just came upon a few paragraphs about the "paper currency of these Provinces" and he notes a book:

Discourses Concerning the Currencies of the British Plantations in America by Dr. Douglass.

It was published in the 1740's. I am curious to know if any of you have a come upon other references to this book or later editions of it, or perhaps you have come across the book itself.

google is your friend

I'm reading Itinerarium by Dr. Alexander Hamilton (not the famous statesman). It is about the Briton's leisurely travel across Colonial America. I just came upon a few paragraphs about the "paper currency of these Provinces" and he notes a book:

Discourses Concerning the Currencies of the British Plantations in America by Dr. Douglass.

It was published in the 1740's. I am curious to know if any of you have a come upon other references to this book or later editions of it, or perhaps you have come across the book itself.

haha. that it is, but I've got a big essay I need to write by 1pm and I shouldn't be on CP, let alone gogoling this stuff :ninja:

Archived