CoinPeople.com

Bulgaria Banknotes

see323

I like to know more about Bulgaria economy, standard of living etc. Is their banknotes expensive but I don't seem to be able to find any solid numbers from the country. I know there are valuable information in the internet about Bulgaria. Anyone staying in Bulgaria or have live in Bulgaria before. It will be good to listen to those who have been there and what they saw and felt while they are in the country. Don't worry I am not migrating there but just need to know the country better. Who knows I may one day visit the country when I do tour Europe.

Thanks in advance...

:ninja:

A lot of Bulgarian banknotes are not very pricey. The earliest ones look very similar to the Russian currency at the time, but they were silver certificates. The higher denomination notes in uncirculated are fairly high priced, but the lowest denominations are not. I don't think we have anyone from Bulgaria here on this forum but on rec.collecting.paper-money there is someone named Ivo that is a collector in Bulgaria that posts there occasionally and even trades notes.

A lot of Bulgarian banknotes are not very pricey. The earliest ones look very similar to the Russian currency at the time, but they were silver certificates. The higher denomination notes in uncirculated are fairly high priced, but the lowest denominations are not. I don't think we have anyone from Bulgaria here on this forum but on rec.collecting.paper-money there is someone named Ivo that is a collector in Bulgaria that posts there occasionally and even trades notes.

Thanks for the info ! appreciate. :ninja:

• 1 year later...

Hi everyone!

I'm from Bulgaria too, and even if i don't write in the forum very often, i reed the posts almost every day.

See 323, what can i tell you about Bulgaria: If you want only facts, look in Wikipedia. But this is a very beautyfull country whit rich history and warm peoples, having some difficulties passing from communism to democracy. I'm 38 and i have lived in communism( till 1989) and now I can say that we live in "interesting times". As about our currency-bulgarian LEV-we have a currency board here and 1,95583 lev= 1 euro. On 1 january 2007 Bulgaria became a member of European Union and maybe in 2011-2012 we will accept the euro as a currency. I also collect bulgarian papermoney, and I think they are very beautifull, especially emissions 1922, 1925, 1929, and the new hybride polimer note-20 leva. It's a commemorative note for 120 years of the issuing of the first bulgarian banknote in 1885- 20 leva-gold. It has a replica of that note on its back.

Yes, the earlier notes look like the Russian notes, that's because they were printed in Russia, but you are wrong-there were also gold sertificates, not only in silver. There are no many notes in high grade left and that's why they are high priced. The most unexpensive notes are from 1951. They worth about $0.5-1 in UNC, except 1 lev that is rare in UNC, and 500 leva that was not issued and worth about $65-70.

The new hybrid 20 leva worth $20 and if anyone is interesting I can send it to him. Just write and ask!

See 323, if you want some more information about Bulgaria- please, be my guest! I'll be glad to answer your questoins and to satisfy your curiosity!

Regards!!!

Hi everyone!

I'm from Bulgaria too, and even if i don't write in the forum very often, i reed the posts almost every day.

See 323, what can i tell you about Bulgaria: If you want only facts, look in Wikipedia. But this is a very beautyfull country whit rich history and warm peoples, having some difficulties passing from communism to democracy. I'm 38 and i have lived in communism( till 1989) and now I can say that we live in "interesting times". As about our currency-bulgarian LEV-we have a currency board here and 1,95583 lev= 1 euro. On 1 january 2007 Bulgaria became a member of European Union and maybe in 2011-2012 we will accept the euro as a currency. I also collect bulgarian papermoney, and I think they are very beautifull, especially emissions 1922, 1925, 1929, and the new hybride polimer note-20 leva. It's a commemorative note for 120 years of the issuing of the first bulgarian banknote in 1885- 20 leva-gold. It has a replica of that note on its back.

Yes, the earlier notes look like the Russian notes, that's because they were printed in Russia, but you are wrong-there were also gold sertificates, not only in silver. There are no many notes in high grade left and that's why they are high priced. The most unexpensive notes are from 1951. They worth about $0.5-1 in UNC, except 1 lev that is rare in UNC, and 500 leva that was not issued and worth about $65-70.

The new hybrid 20 leva worth $20 and if anyone is interesting I can send it to him. Just write and ask!

See 323, if you want some more information about Bulgaria- please, be my guest! I'll be glad to answer your questoins and to satisfy your curiosity!

Regards!!!

Thank you for the information. :ninja:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived