CoinPeople.com

leningrad mint goznak 1974

redshaddow

good day,

any info with leningrad mint goznak 1974, 10 pieces of gold and silver variations,

its value, circulation, any collection, auction?

I think what you have is the standard proof-like set from 1974. The brass pieces sometimes look like gold and the copper-nickel coins are often mistaken for silver.

The Goznak token is standard for such sets.

The set is worth only a few dollars.

RWJ

I don't know of any pieces minted in gold and silver back in 1974. However if you are talking about mintset that is minted in base metal, i.e. nickel-copper-zinc and such, then that's another story. Usually around 20USD or so unless it's a unusual varient. (could be more but I can't keep up with all the years)

thanks for the info guys, since its quite confusing, some articles are somehow misleading, i have set this from 1 to 10 variants. :ninja:

I don't know where on earth you are getting your sources from but that's absurd. Links will be appericated. No gold coins were minted from 1924 (1923 is a one year type) until 1975 when the chervonets were restruck.

There are two different packaging for this, that is the hard case and the soft plastic sheet.

910728.jpg

922586.jpg

I have only seen a 1974 set in hard plastic case but have seen both 1973 and 1975 in soft sheet. Both 73 and 75 are quite expensive and I presume that if a 74 mintset does exist in plastic sheet, it will be rather valuable.

quote name='gxseries' date='Apr 17 2007, 03:06 PM' post='318109']

I don't know where on earth you are getting your sources from but that's absurd. Links will be appericated. No gold coins were minted from 1924 (1923 is a one year type) until 1975 when the chervonets were restruck.

There are two different packaging for this, that is the hard case and the soft plastic sheet.

910728.jpg

922586.jpg

I have only seen a 1974 set in hard plastic case but have seen both 1973 and 1975 in soft sheet. Both 73 and 75 are quite expensive and I presume that if a 74 mintset does exist in plastic sheet, it will be rather valuable.

it does exist i have here in red plastic binder and soft plastic sheet like the one in your photos. maybe its not gold or silver, whatever, it's good to know it's quite rare.

I would recommand you to strongly hold on to it redshaddow, if not do proper search. Thank goodness you asked here. Recent Soviet mintsets have been driving like crazy and it should be worth holding onto.

For example recent auctions on ebay of the plastic sheet soviet mint set of the following are: (This is what I remembered off the top of my head so don't blame me if I am totally off but I am quite sure these prices are quite right)

1970: 600USD

1973: 150USD

1975: 250USD

It's relatively difficult to find early 1970s mintset as well as the 60s with the exception of 1967-69.

I have never seen such an external red case like yours so perhaps it makes yours very interesting, if not, valuable.

The only main reason why such plastic sheets are more desirable is simply because of the bad packaging in the hard plastic casing - most of the coins in them are toned or have some extremely ugly "metal disease" on it.

For example:

910729.jpg

Perhaps Timofei can comment something about this - all I know is it's definately not something that appeared in the market as long as I know of these years and definately never of any sort with that red case.

Congradulations!

And for whatever reasons, please accept my apologizes for not welcoming you to the forum. :ninja:

well, i am very much in passion for anything russians particularly during the past era of communism.

i collected a lot and somehow i am unloading my collections, i would consider this to go if someone

might have an interest at fair offer. i have belts, watches, pins and other things, and this is a kind that is rare. this thing is well kept.

bon chnce to anyone out there,

thank you for welcoming me, and for the resourcefulness,very much appreciated gxseries, and to everybody here, also scottishmoney. :ninja:

• 11 years later...