CoinPeople.com

How much the RUSSIA 1/4 KOPEK 1900 XF Y #47.1

dbang1988

Who knows what they are these days. I got a BU 1900 1/4 kopek two years ago for around 10USD. Now it's just too hard to find smaller denomination kopek, i.e. Nicholai II 1/2 and 1/4 kopek for any good price.

908078.jpg

However if it goes any higher than 15usd for a XF, I would pass.

Just sold 1/4 kopek 1899 NGC MS64 RB in Moscow for 30$ and now have some regrets about it because it's harder and harder to find these denominations in good condition for fair price. The last 2 coins I saw on Ebay went for more than 40$.

Just sold 1/4 kopek 1899 NGC MS64 RB in Moscow for 30$ and now have some regrets about it because it's harder and harder to find these denominations in good condition for fair price. The last 2 coins I saw on Ebay went for more than 40$.

This is a common coin; $10-15 is a fair price for a raw MS-64RB. Welcome to coinpeople!

WCO

Ilya,

Thanks. What is the price for grading through NGC such coin?

Depends from total number of coins being graded and service. Asking $30 for a graded coin is quite fair, even low. But I would not grade this coin on the first place.

WCO

The problem is not the bid. What matters is how much the other person is willing to bid. For example if that person is willing to bid 20 dollars and you only bid 10 dollars, ebay only shows increments of 25 cents or something and you still think you lost only by 25 cents.

I believe Basok's prices are much better deal unless you are specifically looking for that year which he doesn't have at the moment.

so for example, if I bid 10 dollar, and that person only bid 5 dollar, but ebay only show my bid is 5.25 dollar. Then if I win the bid, do I need to pay 10 dollar or just 5.25 dollar? If I only need to pay 5.25, then what is the point of putting the high price ceiling? I am new in bidding, so looking forward for more comments on this. Thanks!

By the way, I mostly bid on www.delcampe.com Do you think this website is good?

Bang

dbang no, if you are the winner, all you need is to pay the next increment of what the second bidder has bid on. For example if you decided to be crazy and bid 100 dollars and the second bidder has just bidded 10usd, all you need to pay is 10.25usd although by bidding 100USD, you should be serious that you are willing to pay that much as well as the shipping as you can never tell how much the second bidder is going to put.

I am not too sure about delcampe but seriously, if you are paranoid about the ridicious prices of Russian coins, you aren't alone. Basok does have a wide range of coins and perhaps you might want to give him a try. Maybe someone else in this forum might be willing to sell you a duplicate :ninja:

Archived