CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

Scottishmoney

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I realize that its just that with the cents being discontinued and pulled from circulation it wouldn't hurt to toss a few aside.

Yes, but they are not going to become highly valuable. Even the 2013 which is the final year had a lot made, and people speculated on those but the mintage was high. Unless they are of the older series of George V or before they are mostly worth 1 cent.

One lone Memorial cent. :/ Too many people know the secret of the CoinStar reject slot. :(

Unfortunately it is true. It used to be I found all sorts of Canadian, sometimes silver, steel cents etc. I did find the silver dime last week - my first reasonable find in some months. I suspect that store clerks even check the machines, and I have seen kids go after the machine too.

• 3 weeks later...

One lone Memorial cent. :/ Too many people know the secret of the CoinStar reject slot. :(

Agreed. I see much less than I used too even though they are being used often at a few spots I check.

I found a Canadian 10c piece common date, several car wash tokens and some beat up early 70s US cents that had seen better days last week.

Aruba

25 cent - 2009

Bahamas

5 cents - 2000

Canada

0.01 - 1961, 64, 89

0.05 - 1971, 86

0.10 - 1984, 85

0.25 - 1974

1.00 - 1867-1992 125th Ann. of Confederation

Estonia

5 senti - 1991

European Union

2 cent - France

5 cent - Espana (2)

50 cent - Italy

France

20 centimes - 1989

1 Franc - 1969

German Empire

5 pfennig - 1917 (A) with correct Coat of Arms

Bundesrepublik Duetschland (West Germany)

1 pfennig - 1970

2 pfennig - 1971

Great Britain (Pre decimal)

6 pence - 1967

Great Britain

1 penny - 1994

2 pence - 1999

5 pence - 1991

20 pence - 1982

Japan

50 Yen

Mexico (Nuevo Peso)

5 Peso - 1998

Espana - Francisco Franco

1 Peseta - 1966

United States

$1.11

Not in the coin star machine, too many people check those. But I noticed a cent on the floor in our local Target store this evening. It looked a bit dark so my hopes were there, and then I picked it up - a 1951-D. Gosh I love finding old money on the ground.

Not in the coin star machine, too many people check those. But I noticed a cent on the floor in our local Target store this evening. It looked a bit dark so my hopes were there, and then I picked it up - a 1951-D. Gosh I love finding old money on the ground.

Nice find. As I've said a few times, my local CoinStar machines are well patrolled. I have yet to find anything in the reject slots. Ditto the machine at my local bank. Of course the bank machine flashes an indicator when it dumps something into the reject bin.

Nice find. As I've said a few times, my local CoinStar machines are well patrolled. I have yet to find anything in the reject slots. Ditto the machine at my local bank. Of course the bank machine flashes an indicator when it dumps something into the reject bin.

Same :( my helpers sometimes have to HIDE stuff for me to check. Getting to popular. As for teh bank the rejects are kept internal. So most of listing come from there.

Argentina

1 Peso - 1995

Bahamas

5 cents - 2005

Bahrain

100 fils - 1995 (5)

Canada

10 cents - 1995

People's Republic of China

1 Yuan - 1993, 2001, 2004 (2), 2007

1 Yuan - 2008 Beijing Summer Olympics

France - Third Republic