CoinPeople.com

Found in The Coinstar Reject Bin Thread

Scottishmoney

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A real handful today, literally. It astonishes me that people can use the machine and walk away when there is a pile of coins in the reject bin. It does help that the bin is low and not lit and black-lined....

--19 cents in Lincolns, no wheaties, several encrusted with something I hesitate to examine

--20 cents in shiny new Roosevelt dimes--why were they rejected?

--three Los Angeles bus fare tokens

--four misc tokens: car wash, Normandie Arcade, Chuck-E Cheese (God I hate that place) and NO CASH VALUE

--a 1999 British penny (my second in the past 2 months)

and, best of all,

--a 1950 West German 50 pfennig piece.

3 US cents, one British penny, and a German 2 Pfennig. Of course, it was my 6-year old daughter that checked it and got to keep them. I encourage my kids to check the Coinstar every time we go to the grocery store.

My 13 year old daughter is the coin fiend, she has made the best finds of all. Those pesky German 2 €urocents show up in my change from time to time, but they are worth 3¢ so who is complaining?

Those pesky German 2 €urocents show up in my change from time to time, but they are worth 3¢ so who is complaining?

Everybody here who wants the 1 and 2 Cent pieces to be done away with. :ninja: They do have a neat edge, but apart from that they are just a nuisance. Unfortunately we still use them, unlike neighboring NL. Hmm, maybe I should take a couple with me to the US next time ...

Christian

Everybody here who wants the 1 and 2 Cent pieces to be done away with. ;) They do have a neat edge, but apart from that they are just a nuisance. Unfortunately we still use them, unlike neighboring NL. Hmm, maybe I should take a couple with me to the US next time ...

Christian

Now I know the source of my €.02 coins :ninja:

Yeah, we have found the floor under the machine is a good place to check too :ninja: Looks funny when you are crawling around on the floor fishing pennies out.

That's what kids are for. Mine are small enough to crawl behind the machine and check for coins that rolled away. ;)

Walked into the store and checked the return bin...empty.

I was about to walk away when I noticed a container on the shelf. I picked it up and gave it a shake.

It jingled. :ninja:

4 quarters,4 dimes, 2 cents and a nickel, all Canadian. 2 race track slot tokens, a key and an elongated cent from Doubleday field in Cooperstown NY.

Walked into the store and checked the return bin...empty.

I was about to walk away when I noticed a container on the shelf. I picked it up and gave it a shake.

It jingled. :ninja:

4 quarters,4 dimes, 2 cents and a nickel, all Canadian. 2 race track slot tokens, a key and an elongated cent from Doubleday field in Cooperstown NY.

Gotta love people's habits. I'd keep it, this is where the money is currently. It's not the days when a magazine for 4.99 U.S. was 6.99 CAN

They're too close to treat the Canadian currency as inferior.

1 canadian dollar = .9917 U.S. Dollars