CoinPeople.com

Off Center Lincoln Error Coin

Guest Stujoe

Guest Stujoe

oclo.jpgoclr.jpg

Images from The Stujoe Collection

Off center strikes occur when a blank does not enter the striking chamber fully and is struck by the dies while not centered. This can result in a dramatic and interesting error coin.

Off center strikes occur when a blank does not enter the striking chamber fully and is struck by the dies while not centered. This can result in a dramatic and interesting error coin. I am not really an error collector but this is one of my favorite types of errors.

I have always loved these!

900432.jpg

This one is my idea of a really nice off-center. A lot of displacement. Lots of missing design features. Not too much mangling. Full date and area under the date (no mm questions).

900427.jpg

900433.jpg

These two, on the other hand, are not off centers at all - although I have seen similar coins sold as such. In my opinion, they are clearly after mint damage. Most likely, they were encased (looks like the roosie was pried out rather brutally).

900434.jpg

I received this Statehood quarter in change. Just slightly out of the collar and no design features missing, but still..in change - woohoo!

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

nice i luv lincoln's an mostly lincoln's with errors. damn this still reminds off the time i found a 1904 one quarter anna edward VII that was off struck (really nice u can c the coins info except the "king & emperor" part an the design at the back) ... the seller didnt know cause he had an eye sight prob a bit an i told him an he said tnx for tellin me its the first time i c this type of error in my coins an when i asked him are u selling it? he said no he is gonna keep it in his collection x< an gave me another coin for free instead a 1908 1/12 anna also edward VII. 8< i still think off that coin until now <3 x)